UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Browsing Auto Trader, I stumbled upon this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201505143447984/usedcars.

Now, the ad won't stay up too long, but what the link points (pointed) to is an RHD Phase 1 Duster Access 1.6, in Cinnamon!

Those of you in the know will realise this is odd on two counts; firstly, the Access officially only comes in white; and secondly, the colour Cinnamon was never officially available on the Phase 1 Duster for the UK market, regardless of spec level.

It's not a misprint, I checked the reg SB64VZL against the DVLA website, and it confirms the engine and colour.

Vehicle enquiry

Registration number: SB64 VZL

✔ Taxed

Tax due: 01 March 2016

MOT

No details held by DVLA

New keepers must get tax before using the vehicle. Please be aware that if you have taxed, made a SORN or had an MOT in the last 5 days these details may not have updated.

Vehicle details
  • Vehicle make DACIA
  • Date of first registration 28 November 2014
  • Year of manufacture 2014
  • Cylinder capacity (cc) 1598cc
  • CO₂Emissions 165 g/km
  • Fuel type PETROL
  • Vehicle status Tax not due
  • Vehicle colour BROWN
  • Vehicle type approval M1
  • Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY

So, whoever ends up buying this car will have something just a wee bit special. It got me thinking; we already know of one member on the forum with a silver Duster Access - so, apart from these two, has anyone else spotted something a bit out-of-the-ordinary from our favourite budget brand?

Answers on a postcard.... :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would have bought one if it came in any other colour than white! Crazy all other countries have the option of colour in the petrol... Well September 2015 probably arrives the 1.2 tce in the Uk

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's one rare beast, I wonder if it is stripped back to bare metal whiter ruster that they have re sprayed in another colour as a trial robust fix alternative & make it more saleable??? Looks strange seeing it with the phase 1 grill, good spot.

I know another member on here has a Silver Access, which again is very rare.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if they were originally destined for a market other than the UK? Possibly even wearing Renault badging?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's one rare beast, I wonder if it is stripped back to bare metal whiter ruster that they have re sprayed in another colour as a trial robust fix alternative & make it more saleable??? Looks strange seeing it with the phase 1 grill, good spot.

I know another member on here has a Silver Access, which again is very rare.
I really can't imagine it has anything to do with bodging of Rusters. Not that I'd put it past the UK division to attempt something so sneaky, but the simple economics don't add up.

Firstly, if you were going to try to disguise rust with a respray, you'd use the original colour, or as near to it as you could possibly get - otherwise, you'd literally need to completely dismantle the car, strip it back to a bare shell and then ensure every last vestige of the original paint was removed, lest someone notice a paint mismatch under a carpet or behind a piece of trim. Imagine the sheer cost of all that work!

Secondly, if the point is to disguise it, why pick a colour that, on not one but TWO counts, ought not appear on that particular car at all? They'd have to know, given what a thorn the forum has been in their side throughout the whole affair, that there was a good chance someone :))) would pick up on it!

Finally - having gone through all that work and expense, you're going to preregister it and hive it off for under £8k? I doubt you'd be breaking even on the stripdown and repaint alone - far more sensible, fiscally speaking, to simply write off and scrap the rusted shell.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I think it's a 'special' it has the same alloys as the limited edition dusters Ness Motors were selling last year.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Of course it could also be a mistake on the log book in terms of the model (doesn't explain the colour), happened to me a few years on a VW Passat, the log book said V6 SEL 1.9 tdi, it was a 2.0 tdi Sport!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
With air con and right hand drive maybe it's an Indian market car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately this one does not have air con as the ad describes - it seems like a standard access with Fox FX 10 B alloys and a Kenwood radio. Strangely it also has a full size spare wheel that takes up most of the boot space.

I have to say - it look great in cinnamon.

No signs of a respray or any rust (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I saw a Silver Access duster a few months back at the Stirling dealers when George was having his 2nd service....have to admit...it looked great with the access trim level...someone got a bargain !

DM x

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Unfortunately this one does not have air con as the ad describes - it seems like a standard access with Fox FX 10 B alloys and a Kenwood radio. Strangely it also has a full size spare wheel that takes up most of the boot space.

I have to say - it look great in cinnamon.

No signs of a respray or any rust (fingers crossed).
Ha, so you're the lucky man! How you liking it so far?

Also, welcome :)

(Note to Mods: perhaps, now that this car is directly associated with an individual, it would be an idea to edit the reg out of the earlier posts? Just a thought)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fair point. Just conscious that folk sometimes get a bit twitchy over things like that. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
So far it has been superb. Great driving position and a smooth ride - no complaints from me and in the brown colour I think it looks really special. The Fox alloys look absolutely massive and I don't know if the suspension has been pumped or something but the rear site really high above the back wheels - maybe that is the same for all Dusters!!!

The only complaint so far is from my daughter who is not happy that there are no rear speakers. Having looked through the forum I note that the wiring is there for the speakers but this is probably not connected to the Kenwood head.

All in all for the price we paid, we have certainly got value for money = happy man.

With regards to the registration number in the previous post - not sure about this. I suppose anyone interested who sees the car could look up the details themselves but that would only be people local to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts