UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Car is absolutely brilliant and I cant fault it.

BUT.. I know I might sound fussy but the drivers seat has developed a very very annoying rattle/squeak.

Anyone else had this.

Feel free to lampoon me with hilarious asides ,also feel free to offer any solutions to this.

Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
wd40 however aint that good for longtime use.. so if you find where the sqeak comes from there are other lubricants that can do a better job.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Depends on where the squeak is coming from of course, but using the likes of WD40 is such a messy affair. For the next time, why not try a, so-called, "dry" bike-chain lube or light silicon grease, spot-applied (by finger if necessary)?

Personally, I'd be wary of applying anything if it could eventually migrate into upholstery/padding.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know lube is the obvious solution (pardon the pun) but its pin pointing the b*gger.

I think its from the fret work of wire and springs under the part you sit on.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank the Lord ...just been out in the car and it has gone ,the very very irritating noise has gone!!

could have been the WD on the fret work of springs underneath ,but Im amazed I hit the sweet spot first time seeing as I cant see a ruddy thing under there..

WHO CARES...ITS GONE :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Reactions: antavi

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Keep your eye on it. Another forum member had an issue with the seat rattling and it seems the seat belt was not fitted correctly (check out the thread named rattles developing). Having said that, for the first week or so the passenger seat in my duster was creaking when no-one was sat in it but that went away.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well funny you should say that ..the seat belt fixing....the one that the belt fits into...was on my suspect list ,and, I was able to simulate a similar rattle/clicking sound by moving that when I was trying to find the culpret. Maybe I moved that in to a position where it stopped making the noise..TBH .I really am not convinced that the random wd40 application has anything at all to do with it being cured.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You know what's the best thing to do.

Stick something bass-y on and turn the radio right up. That'll uncover a few rattles and probably up your street cred at the same time.... yo...

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Well funny you should say that ..the seat belt fixing....the one that the belt fits into...was on my suspect list ,and, I was able to simulate a similar rattle/clicking sound by moving that when I was trying to find the culpret. Maybe I moved that in to a position where it stopped making the noise..TBH .I really am not convinced that the random wd40 application has anything at all to do with it being cured.
Get it booked in at the dealer and get them to look at it. If the seat belt isnt right you dont want to discover that fact in an accident!

Reactions: skrich

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Keep your eye on it. Another forum member had an issue with the seat rattling and it seems the seat belt was not fitted correctly (check out the thread named rattles developing). Having said that, for the first week or so the passenger seat in my duster was creaking when no-one was sat in it but that went away.
I remember that, Eithne, your ghost passenger in the front seat!! He/she seems to have decided to haunt my Duster instead, for the last week it has been creaking away merrily, in tune with the annoying rattle from the steering wheel which only goes away when I press firmly on the Dacia badge in the centre of the steering wheel.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
I remember that, Eithne, your ghost passenger in the front seat!! He/she seems to have decided to haunt my Duster instead, for the last week it has been creaking away merrily, in tune with the annoying rattle from the steering wheel which only goes away when I press firmly on the Dacia badge in the centre of the steering wheel.
Have you had it back to the dealers Maud, that rattle needs looking at, doesn't sound right.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Yes hopefully Fred will be signed off by the vet on Friday so I won't need to keep lugging him up to the surgery, then I will be able to do without the car for a while to get it fixed.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Yes hopefully Fred will be signed off by the vet on Friday so I won't need to keep lugging him up to the surgery, then I will be able to do without the car for a while to get it fixed.
That's good, I hope you get it fixed and I hope young Freddy gets better soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thank the Lord ...just been out in the car and it has gone ,the very very irritating noise has gone!!

could have been the WD on the fret work of springs underneath ,but Im amazed I hit the sweet spot first time seeing as I cant see a ruddy thing under there..

WHO CARES...ITS GONE :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I had a really annoying squeak on the drivers seats. Got some spray 3 in 1 oil and applied a few short squirts to the bracket area at the rear of the drivers seats nearest the cup holder where the seat belt is attached. There are 2-3 brackets the are all joined at this point so I lubricated each point at which the surfaces met and bingo, no squeak. That was 2 weeks ago and so far so good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts