UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Recently i have noticed som squirking noise from under my car. I sounds like it's from the engine. It only sounds when i put in 3rd gear and accelerate, and then disappear. I've also noticed that it only occur when i start the car and drive away. If i put in 3rd gear later on, when i've been driven for a while, the sound's not there.

Anyone else have this problem? Maybe i should take it back to the dealer and let them have a look at it...

/ Darby Duster

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
hi ya Darby.....welcome to the forum :)

the boys'll know what this is.....i wonder if its the turbo kicking in....???? Maybe !!!???

I'll defer to the greater knowledge....that is the forum :rolleyes:

DM x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it is the turbo kicking in (but not for sure). I've had my Duster since june 24th, and the squirking noise appeard just last week.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Hi,

Recently i have noticed som squirking noise from under my car. I sounds like it's from the engine. It only sounds when i put in 3rd gear and accelerate, and then disappear. I've also noticed that it only occur when i start the car and drive away. If i put in 3rd gear later on, when i've been driven for a while, the sound's not there.

Anyone else have this problem? Maybe i should take it back to the dealer and let them have a look at it...

/ Darby Duster
Darby, No Duster here 'til Sunday, so can't help much. However, "squirking" isn't doing it for me - is that like a duck with a sore throut or a fart-cushion with a small puncture etc etc? What will I be looking out for next week as I cover copious miles in my new Duster?

·
Registered
183 Posts
By elimination it is when you are accelerating ,through a certain rev band ,when engine is not up to running temp.

. Could be just a vibration which manifests at a given temp but stops when hotter.

Exhaust pipes sometimes shudder and squirk if you go through a big puddle.

I would let it develop until it disappears or gets bad enough so that it will do it on demand when you take it back to the dealers.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Might be the bearing in the small wheel that streches the belt the tensioner cos of the light cold wheather that u get there in uk or the belt it self its not enough tensioned

Go to the dealears service garage to check it out
Its not good to wait if its what I'm telling u

·
Registered
183 Posts
Might be the bearing in the small wheel that streches the belt the tensioner cos of the light cold wheather that u get there in uk or the belt it self its not enough tensioned

Go to the dealears service garage to check it out
Its not good to wait if its what I'm telling u
Which belt? timing,power steering or air con?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Usualy not the timing belt cos that one its inside the engine and the components are very good

The big one that runs the accesory the power steering the aircon

Thhe one u can see if u open the bonnet and the wheel also u can see it maybe its a bit loose or the bering in it might have a fault

Not a death worrie thing but get it check cos the car its new with warranty

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
My "adult"?! children pointed out that my 1.6 Access Duster made a noise like a moped whilst I was accelerating enthusiastically the other day.

I thought they were being cheeky but they said it came from the back and I think the silencer makes a bit of a rasping noise on hard acceleration.

Could this be a form of squirking?

·
Registered
236 Posts
My "adult"?! children pointed out that my 1.6 Access Duster made a noise like a moped whilst I was accelerating enthusiastically the other day.
I thought they were being cheeky but they said it came from the back and I think the silencer makes a bit of a rasping noise on hard acceleration.
Could this be a form of squirking?
I have to say I have made the same comment about my diesel Duster. Sometimes it makes a sound like a two stroke, though sat on the sofa can't quite remember when it happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts