UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what tyres their cars were fitted with when supplied by their dealer, as I have read somewhere in the brochure that they come with all weather tyres as standard?

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Can anyone tell me what tyres their cars were fitted with when supplied by their dealer, as I have read somewhere in the brochure that they come with all weather tyres as standard?
205-55-16 Goodyear Efficent Grip (summer tyres I believe, certainly not full winter ones) fitted to mine ! B)

·
Registered
149 Posts
205-55-16 Goodyear Efficent Grip (summer tyres I believe, certainly not full winter ones) fitted to mine ! B)
Same here - Although the 'spare' is a Michelin.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your responses. Obviously the brochure is prone to a little poetic licence. I had hoped that they would be fitted with the Mud & Snow type of tyre that works pretty well all year round and improves traction.

Has anyone tried fitting the Mud & Snow type of tyre or have you all been satisfied with the standard Efficient Grip tyres?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sorry but I have to ask, "Do we really live in a country that requires tyre changes?" yesterday we had rain, hail, snow and sunshine, I have been driving for about 40 yrs and cannot justify the need to change tyres as we don't have the same conditions for long enough the inconvenience and expense, is it worth it.
With a good all round tyre, just learn to drive to the prevailing conditions.
Don't get me wrong if big fat knobbly tyres do it for you then go for it, it's your car and your money, and this is just my opinion, so happy motoring lol

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Most of the time I think you could get away without winter tyres but I love them and the grip they give when it gets horrible (rain, cold, snow, even grassy fields) make them worthwhile in my opinion. BUT the standard tyres on the stepway have been fine so far this winter. I'd like to get my hands on another set of steel rims and I'll fit winters next year so I can travel further north.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All I can say to all the comments above is...Your really lucky to have your new Stepway. I am still waiting for mine, although I have been looking at new alloys for it on line. Will just have to go on waiting and praying that I will get a phone call soon..loll. Safe driving to you all, and remember never go faster than your guardian angel can fly. :(

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
i wonder what the chunkiest tyre you can get on a standard stepway would be???

i know it is a different make, but i'd love to fit something like these bfg ko's to the stepway, think it would really suit the look of the car.............
B F Goodrich don't do a suitable All Terain tyre to fit the Stepway, I've just checked their web site, shame ! :angry:

·
Premium Member
886 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you can get your hands on a set of 15 inch steels you could look at tarmac/gravel tyres like the Dunlop DZ86 in a 185/65/15 size 1% smaller radius than the standard 16s
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/competition-tyres/dunlop-dz86-gravel-tyre

or go with a brand I've never heard of Maxsport on the 16s (http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/competition-tyres/maxsport-rb3-tyre)

they have some awesome looking tyres on demon tweeks :)

Only use Demon tweeks for 'window shopping' NineCherries,as they tend to be a bit on the expensive side,always worth checking out tyre prices on the mobile chaps,I've used Etyres for a few years now,cracking prices,due to lower overheads,oh and they come to your home/work when you want them,happy days.....
ChunkyMonkey

trans.png

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
If you can get your hands on a set of 15 inch steels you could look at tarmac/gravel tyres like the Dunlop DZ86 in a 185/65/15 size 1% smaller radius than the standard 16s

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/competition-tyres/dunlop-dz86-gravel-tyre

or go with a brand I've never heard of Maxsport on the 16s (http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/competition-tyres/maxsport-rb3-tyre)

they have some awesome looking tyres on demon tweeks :)

trans.png
As you say, the tyres look awesome ! Need a s/hand set of Sandero Access wheels for the Dunlops or put the Maxsport on existing wheels. Will have to wait until the existing ones have worn out before I even think about it though ! :ph34r:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts