UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! New to the forum. Stumbled across by chance when looking for a roof box. Anyway, glad I saw it. Purchased a new Duster Laureate 4WD a few weeks ago and have noticed when starting first thing in the morning, the Duster doesn't start straight away and kinda labours longer than I'd expect before it kicks in. I wait for all lights on dash to decease before turning over. This is my first diesel and wondered if it's a diesel thing or more to do with the Duster? It doesn't start first time sometimes too. This is in summer too so wondered what everyone's thoughts are? Does anyone pump the accelerator before start or should I not have to do that?
Any thoughts appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Pump away...it won't make any difference on a diesel. :p

You should only have to wait for the glow plug light to extinguish and then turn the key. I've had a good few diesels over the years and they vary from car to car. Some I barely turned the key and they jumped to life, some have need a good turn over. My experiences with the Duster is that it needs a slightly longer turn over than "normal"- whatever that is!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mine, I just wait until the airbag light goes out and then turn the key to start, never have to touch the pedal and fires up straight away.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi all! New to the forum. Stumbled across by chance when looking for a roof box. Anyway, glad I saw it. Purchased a new Duster Laureate 4WD a few weeks ago and have noticed when starting first thing in the morning, the Duster doesn't start straight away and kinda labours longer than I'd expect before it kicks in. I wait for all lights on dash to decease before turning over. This is my first diesel and wondered if it's a diesel thing or more to do with the Duster? It doesn't start first time sometimes too. This is in summer too so wondered what everyone's thoughts are? Does anyone pump the accelerator before start or should I not have to do that?
Thanks!
Mine always needs to wit until the lights all go out when cold but once its been used it fires up straight away, the loan 14 plate duster that I had for a month while mine was robustly repaired would start straight away never needing to wait. I assumed that they had improved the pre heaters. If you think its taking too long to fire up I would ask your dealer to check the electrics on the fuel system to make sure that they are working correctly.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Thanks!
the rest of my car is rubbish but in fairness to the brand it starts well, you have to wait until the coil light goes out. that is when the glow plugs are ready to start the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts