UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car 3 months old - engine turns but will not start. Tank half full. Previously used 1 hour ago and was fine. AA was checking fuses and relays when it restarted. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
had similar on previous citizen c4, was starter motor fuse shorting on solenoid housing. do any lights come on the dash when you turn the key?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
this may have nothing to do with it, are you waiting for the glow pug light to go out on the dash?
A direct injection common rail diesel engine will start without its glow plugs until the ambient temperature is way below zero.

How long does your glow plug light illuminate for at the moment?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
No sense in asking here since it could be a hundred different things, get in touch with your dealer/service centre and get it booked in, then come back and tell us what caused it :)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The main reason I would not buy one of these cars is because they use Renauit engines' their record (to be fair as is most french cars) is horrific

·
Registered
346 Posts
nightsupersteven thanks for your helpful comment, just wondering why you joined a Dacia forum if you hate Renault so much.

Feel free not to buy Nissan Renault Dacia Mercedes Citroen Peugeot etc etc and every other dealer that's buying into using that so unreliable Renault engine :)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
The main reason I would not buy one of these cars is because they use Renauit engines' their record (to be fair as is most french cars) is horrific
by their record.....???????????

ahhhh do u mean their F1 winning record at WILLIAMS RENAULT TEAM many years in a row

and a great history

i got it now

thank u

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't encourage him ;) I never keep a car over 35 months, before first MOT its long gone.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I only do 8-10k I just hate MOT's they suck!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
For many years I worked for a French Company, by default I had many Renault Cars as Company Car, never had a serious problem with them. Changed to a VW Passat, and lost it for 5 months waiting for Coil Packs. Renault get my vote, certainly an inovative Company.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A direct injection common rail diesel engine will start without its glow plugs until the ambient temperature is way below zero.

How long does your glow plug light illuminate for at the moment?
It stays about as long as it takes to put my seat belt on few seconds

·
Registered
183 Posts
Couldnt agree more..all the 15 year old Clios and Meganes you see still running about everyday have crap engines

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
nightsupersteve - There have been many posts since yours (quoted above). Just one other thought/take on it if I may. I'm not arguing, but would offer the following thoughts:

There is more to the way an engine performs than just the basic engine. From my research, oh so many other manufacturers adopt either a small Renault or Fiat manufactured diesel engine to put in their cars - I therefore can't believe the actual power-plant is duff compared to others. I can accept that doesn't mean small modern Renault-built diesels don't have issues, but it does suggest they are about as good as you can get. So if you are aware of issues, may I press you to be a little more specific? Since Dacia is Renault, engine AND control systems will obviously be similar - if you've experienced (or know of) Renault problems in particular please please let us know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts