UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meaning to ask all Duster diesel owners... mine always starts with an audible 'thump', at the exact point where the engine picks up from the starter motor. Has anyone else experienced this / any idea what might be causing it?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I have never had a diesel before and I didn't know that you have to let those pretty little lights go out before you turn the key all the way and start the engine.

And proud of myself, I have managed to fill it with diesel and not petrol every time so far.
lol how long has it taken for the engine to fire up?:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have never had a diesel before and I didn't know that you have to let those pretty little lights go out before you turn the key all the way and start the engine.

And proud of myself, I have managed to fill it with diesel and not petrol every time so far.
Hi Maud

That is not quite true as with a new diesel engine you should not need the diesel heaters but if you start using them they will always want it i know it sounds strange but this is what i have found over the years and also my brother who has driven HGV for years said the same.

Also not all diesels have diesel heaters my works van which is a 1.6 HDI diesel has not got any

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Well it is all new to me but that is what the Dacia dealer told me to do when I picked up the car so that's what I've been doing. Doesn't make any difference really, by the time I have put my seatbelt on, the lights have gone out and we're off.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The diesel fuel burns diferently than petrol diesel must be heated
The diesel doesn't catch fire ffrom a spark if its cold
The light for the plugs ull see that goes off quickly when engine is worm
In the winter it stays on even 10 seconds when its very cold
spot on :) heat n compression only for diesels :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
The diesel fuel burns diferently than petrol diesel must be heated
The diesel doesn't catch fire ffrom a spark if its cold
The light for the plugs ull see that goes off quickly when engine is worm
In the winter it stays on even 10 seconds when its very cold
A diesel engine (also known as a compression-ignition engine) is an internal combustion engine that uses the heat of compression to initiate ignition to burn the fuel that has been injected into the combustion chamber. This is in contrast to spark-ignition engines such as a petrol engine (gasoline engine) or gas engine (using a gaseous fuel as opposed to gasoline), which uses a spark plug to ignite an air-fuel mixture

1 - 20 of 50 Posts