UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its become time for a swap having put 13,000 miles on the Duster I am now using the wife's Sandero 0.9 tce which is a month or so older but only has 5,000 on the clock.

Good opportunity for some comparisons in the real world, so first commute this morning. So keys exchanged. Monday mornings are rat run day as the M40/A43 are shocking, so car starts easily (must remember no need to wait for glow plugs to warm) start out our road 50 yards from home a Kia darts out across my path. Brakes work well. A mile or so to the outskirts of town I note the engine is so quiet compared to the diesel duster din I enter my first roundabout I use exit three. Cornering is sharper with less body roll, Mondeo pulls out across my path from entry two ABS works well as I change my lane. The little engine sings as we take our exit and head up a steep hill, an annoying arrow keeps appearing to tell me to change gear. Couple of miles of dual carriageway then off onto the B roads. The rougher road surface makes the little car feel quite bouncy but the grip from the tyres is still good. Roughly 10 miles into the journey passing through a village a Citroen decides his need to pull off of the pavement from the front of the village shop is to much to bare and cuts up both me and a car coming the opposite direction in his haste. Headlights and horn works :) I drive up through the village of Brill (I think must gets a picture taken up here to show the briller where Brill really is!) leaving the far side I meeting an articulated tanker driver who has decided he won't run through the puddles on his side of the road and should use half of my side as well (luckily a Sandero is narrower than a duster) So butt clenched and breathing in we squeeze through, as my heart beat slows and my butt relaxes I realise that my bum is less comfortable than normal. The duster seats are definitely a better place to rest and it actually feels like I am slightly tilted forward or there is little support at the front of the cushion. The rest of my journey passes bye without excitement although that squeek from the nearside seat-belt is bugging me and the kids have left the rear headrests at full extension obscuring most of the rear window.

So journey complete and I have to make the assumption that a Sandero in silver is invisible to the human eye!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well into day 2.

Stealth only works on B roads, no such issues on journey home last night or returning to work this morning.

Getting used to the gear changes now to maximise where the power lies, and for a 900cc engine it pulls well. As the Sandero is a Laureate its nice to have the luxuries back, aircon to demist the windows, petrol engine that warms so much faster than the diesel, and cruise control, I really like cruise control :)

The center headrest has been returned to its base level, and its true the Sandero has a rear window. Nearside seat belt adjusted and now silenced.

New observation headlights both beam and spread only just about adequate as they seem quite scattered and short on distance, and a complete revelation when I relax me grip on the steering wheel the car travels in a straight line, as I'm told the duster has no faults may be I should take the sandero back and ask them what's wrong as it doesn't steer to the left constantly :rolleyes:

Now just the decision to make on the computer thing, what do you leave yours on? to many choices. Outside temp is topical for work chat, Time is useful, well so you know what time it is, average MPG is topical especially on here, average speed is just depressing so i'm not leaving it on that, MPG at this moment is a bit schizophrenic as its 99 wow it 50 ok its 23 D'oh its 99 again wo ho.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well day three and all was well, was running late for work so the sandero was pushed with a little more urgency and responded well even at speeds above the suggested limit unless there's an enforcement camera or police officer present.

I have settled with the clock being the preferred traveling advice service, now its been set to the correct time, the rest of it can be just a multiple of button pushes away, and its a lot of pushes. I tried adjusting the head lights as per Bograts suggestion and found that I can illuminate the first two meters of road in front of the car beautifully which would be great for travelling at a walking pace but not much use at sixty, But thinking on if I ever need to transport a ton of bricks in the boot at night I will be able to adjust the lights so I on coming traffic don't get blinded / well dazzled / well make them squint a little. So turns out the lamps were already at the highest level for coverage and light is just not that good, providing a lovely dappling effect everywhere off of the center line of the bonnet. May look at stronger bulbs and under bonnet adjustment.

So the only real excitement was trying to remove a wiper blade so I could tell another forum member how its done, which went well until I replaced it and broke the clip. Black tie wrap in place, don't tell the wife she will never notice?!? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you use the allen key on light adjuster under the bonnet and not the turn knob inside the car?
No, hence my comment " May look at stronger bulbs and under bonnet adjustment." my concern is that when raised higher the scattering will become even worse, and putting stronger bulbs in may effect the plastic headlamp lens (extra heat yellows the plastic on some cars)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts