UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've noticed my steering wheel clicks at certain points as I turn lately at low speeds, if I stay stationary and find the clicking spot as I turn it will do it over and over again, but then if I move the car and try and find it again it stops? It sounds more like something plastic catching inside the column rather than from down below where the wheels are, it also seems alot worse when it's cold, as last night I left it out for a few hours then drove it back into the garage, it was clicking a fair bit.
You don't feel nothing when driving normally though,
I'm asking as I do recall a similar thing on the pixo which Nissan dismissed as normal, even after I replicated the noise for them which they couldn't find, and I took it back 3 times to them but still no fault found.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
A common Dacia fault requiring a replacement "rotary switch". See your dealer and make sure they put the steering wheel back on straight after they've done the job.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A common Dacia fault requiring a replacement "rotary switch". See your dealer and make sure they put the steering wheel back on straight after they've done the job.
looks like it'll have to go back to the dealer then, I thought it was rather odd, maybe that's what was up with the pixo then as it is almost identical... Maybe Nissan where looking at the wrong end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts