UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Sandero ambience 1.2 not done 2000 mile has just developed a knocking noise when turning into corners and when reversing into drive. Has anyone else had this problem? I am contacting garage it was bought from as under warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My new Sandero ambience 1.2 not done 2000 mile has just developed a knocking noise when turning into corners and when reversing into drive. Has anyone else had this problem? I am contacting garage it was bought from as under warranty.
Hi Barry,

Had this problem for over a year with my Stepway 14 reg,7,000mls, at this very moment it is back in another dealership, for a second opinion, sent there by customer services. The knock seems to appear when under torque conditions, on mine turning to right, and reversing to left. Also the steering is a bit heavy and wanders a lot, pulls a bit on acceleration, found out that tracking was 4% out, had it sorted and it improved the steering but not the knock. Just recently the steering has reverted back to its old wandering ways. I must stress that all these faults have been on the car from new, and it has been looked at 4 times by the previous garage, they either couldn't hear the knock, or couldn't find out what it was, (let it develop its not dangerous), How they know that, when they don't know the cause is beyond me. Well you've probably guessed by now that i'm well p**sed off, totally lost confidence in the car. Let me know how you get on, and i'll post again when i get any news on mine.

Regards Jim.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Have the brake pads checked also, there were some issues with the retainers moving (making a thunk) when in reverse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts