UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im a new owner of a 17 plate stepaway laureate 0.9 and im quite pleased with it so far.

Something I have noticed though is the alloy wheels have no locking nut is that normal?

Ive attatched a pic of the car.

Thanks in advance!
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Tire

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,259 Posts
Hi

No they are definitely alloys, new ones by the look of it
The previous owner must have fitted alloys then. As Skidmarks says the OEMs are plastic covers, but look like alloys, as my Laureate is. ;)

·
Registered
Stepway '17 & Amb' '13 both TCe90
99 Posts
Hi
Something I have noticed though is the alloy wheels have no locking nut is that normal?
I thiink, if you look at the place where the valve is you can see where the wheel trim is cut out to fit around it. They look like standard Stepway 5 spoke steel wheels with, very convincing, plastic wheel trims. Difficult to be absolutely sure from the photo though.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,259 Posts
I thiink, if you look at the place where the valve is you can see where the wheel trim is cut out to fit around it. They look like standard Stepway 5 spoke steel wheels with, very convincing, plastic wheel trims. Difficult to be absolutely sure from the photo though.
They look like Stepway Laureate wheels to me as well. Perhaps they are a good copy in alloy ! :confused:

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway II, 1977 MGB Roadster
465 Posts
They certainly look like the plastic trims I've got on mine too. :)

Wasn't there a similar thread running on here recently?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi Marcdacia,
This is a challenge u are posing to us. It's like trying to identify the animals or something else in an optical illusion!
U are the best person to answer. Check it out - even if u have to remove the wheel to convince yourself!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Plastic trims, no shadow of a doubt... They are the later edition, darker grey plastic trims fitted from 2017, along with later seat covers, etc and grey door mirror caps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts