UK Dacia Forum banner

Steppy exhaust system

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Roldorf 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good afternoon guys and gal's..I have noticed a build up of soot on the rear bumper of my steppy..and on closer inspection..[yes Roger I did get down there] :p the back box is out of line which sits the pipe from the box to the left of the cut out on the bumper..also noticed much to my surprise the whole system is welded and not jointed :eek: no way can I put up with exhaust soot discolouring the silver trim on the bumper so I'm getting it sorted by a mate on Saturday morning..he will also be adding an exhaust trim the same time..check your to see if its the same with yours..maybe mine is a one off and welded in the wrong position but I doubt it..this is the place my mate Charlie has run for many years now..

http://www.pro-speedexhausts.com/

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't think you're the first to report this, Phil - in fact, I'm sure someone had a melted bumper as a direct result of this!
OMG .. :eek: looks like I have caught this in time then..is it possible to

get a complaint to dacia UK to sort this out..they would need to align the jig in the factory but that wouldnt be the end of the world..

#6 ·
OMG .. :eek: looks like I have caught this in time then..is it possible to

get a complaint to dacia UK to sort this out..they would need to align the jig in the factory but that wouldnt be the end of the world..
Phil - here's the thgread, for your perusal:

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/10914-melted-back-bumper/?hl=exhaust

Bizarrely exhausts are not covered under your warranty
Design faults such as this are, though.

#7 ·
Phil - here's the thgread, for your perusal:

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/10914-melted-back-bumper/?hl=exhaust

Design faults such as this are, though.
Thanks mate grateful for that..now maybe a mod could merge this and that thread together.. Dacia have a facebook page and I have brought it up on that..told them a dealer would not have the equipment to alter a system and that I would be sorting it out because of that..very bad though when you think of it and the fact they can make the diesel exhaust tail pipe to point downwards and not the petrol model..

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks mate grateful for that..now maybe a mod could merge this and that thread together.. Dacia have a facebook page and I have brought it up on that..told them a dealer would not have the equipment to alter a system and that I would be sorting it out because of that..very bad though when you think of it and the fact they can make the diesel exhaust tail pipe to point downwards and not the petrol model..
I have the tail pipe pointing down and its bolted together in my Sandero 1.2 must be alternative supplier.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive exhaust
Ok chaps ..update.. :) drove up to my mates this morning to get the tail pipe altered..jeez cars everywhere..going to be here for a while and in for a bit of a wait :( out Charlie comes from under a fiesta ST and told the other fabricator to get the beemer of his ramp and get mine on.. B) ..as I thought he had a bit of a job because the distance from the back box to the bumper is tight and the new tail pipe had to be bent at some weird angles to get it straight through the aperture in the bumper but after a bit of a tussle and Charlie's intervention the job was done..cost me £60 and 60 notes I didnt really need to spend but at least there is now no chance of a melting bumper..my youngest was over so I had him to take a pic..not one of those that has a camera on a phone ect so I have to rely on my kids for stuff like that.. :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.