UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just replaced the standard aerial on my Stepway with a 9'' whip. The reason being that the original was hitting the low ceiling in the garage.

Not sure if it looks as good but the reception on all stations is fine, even in the garage.

Another advantage is that the new one will not affect the use of roof bars in the future. IMG_0071b.jpg IMG_0072b.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Min200

It just screws in place.

The standard aerial unscrews leaving the socket base on the roof.

The replacement comes with two "grub screws". The screw with the same thread all the way along it, is screwed halfway into the base of the replacement aerial and the other half into the socket base on the car.

The other grub screw is half one thread and half a smaller diameter, no doubt for other makes / models. It will go in the box of other assorted screws etc and in 5 years time I will wonder what it was for!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello clickfire

Yes, tried lowering the aerial but to be safe it was nearly down to the height of the roof rails. Also, at that angle, it would be close to roof bars (if fitted).

Hi simonsays

Up here (1200ft), we get dumped on in a big way. This happened at the end of last March and needed a lot of snow removing from the engine bay before even thinking of turning it over. IMG_0271b.jpg

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts