UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the manual if you want to wash the Stepway in an automatic car wash you have to remove the areal.
How do you do this?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have yet to go through a car wash but....

If it is like most other aerials these days it should simply un-screw from its mounting. Stand on the sill of the car and you should be able to reach it. Turn it anti-clockwise (it may be quite tight though) and keep turning until it is free - putting it back on is just the reverse.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have no intention of going through the car wash.
I just like to fully understand my Stepway in case I need to take it off sometime in the future.
Indeed - that aside, you may be wanting to replace the longer one with a shorter bee-sting one in the future :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
You can buy aftermarket shorter ones, i have taken the Sandero through a car wash with the Aerial in place and no issues, as per many of my other cars the same, yet to have one snap.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is there a shorter one available?
There are loads - fleabay or [email protected] stock these things for the furry-dice lovers out there :lol:

Not my kind of thing really.....

I either wash the car by hand or I go to a very good local 'car wash emporium' where they do a really good job for a fiver - you know the kind of place. Wash the outside, de-fly the windows, hand dry the car and 'dress' the tyres. Looks great when it's done too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts