UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the Forum. I'm due to pick up my new diesel Stepway (white) at the end of the month. I would have liked the Medianav system, but the bank balance said 'no', so I had to go for the Ambiance trim (which I am otherwise delighted with). Is the Medianav system available to purchase separately and, if it is, would it have to be a dealer install to keep my warranty intact?

Or...

Do I stick with the Ambience CD player, which looks pretty good, and get a stand-alone sat nav.

Any views welcome...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi and welcome,
I dont think its the same dash for medianav and cdplayer so i doubt it. You would be better off buying a seperate one, garmin and tomtom got good ones. I cant be without my medianav though, its so good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bent_toe! I have my eye on a Garmin, so I'll probably go down that route. I tried Googling the Medianav (as you do), but couldn't actually find anyone selling them as aftermarket add-ons...so I'm guessing Renault like to keep control of sales.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Ozzpoz. I've been having a chat with Geraint about this, and it appears that Dacia (to save money) use the same centre console parts across their entire range, so I believe that the GPS head unit which is available for the Duster should also fit the Stepway (and the Regular Sandero and Logan too!). It has slightly different features to the one which ships with the Stepway Laureate, most notably a DVD drive, but the perimeter shape looks bang on, so it should slot straight in.

It's for sale on Ebay from a reliable seller (Iceboxauto, based in Liverpool, UK) for £300. Here's the link...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTORADIO-DVD-GPS-DVR-NAVI-3G-BLUETOOTH-RADIO-IPOD-Player-RENAULT-DACIA-DUSTER-/261229511679?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item3cd27e03ff

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have the classic radio, the mednav is not an option out here, but l have a TomTom go 20 with Europe mapping and it's served me well for 3 years, we regularly cross Europe, next trip will be in trotski, the big plus is that l can upgrade the whole system for less than the cost of maps from Renault. The Bluetooth works well with my tablet so as good as the mednav is the smart money goes for the classic radio and anyone's sat nav.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts