UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I ordered my Red Stepway Laureate, with spare wheel and tools at the end of July for delivery at the beginning of October. It arrived Yesterday and is waiting to be uplifted. Because I elected to register the car with my cherished plate I had to send the V5 for my trade in to the garage to have the plate transferred to the Stepway. Now I cant pick up the Stepway until I receive the V5 back from Swansea confirming the change and this may take 14 days according to the dealer. ( new excise licence rules). Its here but i cant touch it, bummer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stepway still at dealers! contacted them again on Friday 1/11 and they informed me that nothing could be done untill I heard from DVLA. I requested that they contact DVLA and find out what was happening. They informed me that Swansea dont answer enquiries untill they have been with them for 1 month. I asked them to try anyway.

Today 3/11 I was contacted by the dealers and informed that they had been in touch with Swansea and that they had informed the Dealer that the paperwork sent by the dealer to Swansea was incorrect and was in the mail back to them. It might be quicker to register the car as a 64 plate and put my private plate on a retention certificate and change it later. the Saga continues !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Stepway still at dealers! contacted them again on Friday 1/11 and they informed me that nothing could be done untill I heard from DVLA. I requested that they contact DVLA and find out what was happening. They informed me that Swansea dont answer enquiries untill they have been with them for 1 month. I asked them to try anyway.

Today 3/11 I was contacted by the dealers and informed that they had been in touch with Swansea and that they had informed the Dealer that the paperwork sent by the dealer to Swansea was incorrect and was in the mail back to them. It might be quicker to register the car as a 64 plate and put my private plate on a retention certificate and change it later. the Saga continues !!!!
I put my private plate on retention, accepted the dealer registation number and changed it later ! ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another update,

I asked to have the Stepway registered with a 64 plate and I was informed that all the paperwork was at DVLA with my Cherished Number so could not be registered with a 64 plate.

DVLA sent the paperwork back to Arnold Clark as it was incorrect, the mistake was rectified and returned to Swansea 20 days ago and it still has not been changed over.

My Renault dealer who gets his stock from AC contacted Swansea and was informed it was still at Swansea but had been passed to the person/department who deals with AC and should be dealt with soon???

All I wanted was a new car its easier to buy a wife in this country. Rant over. Z

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
My dealer advised me to put my private plate on retention and accept their registration number, to get the car on the road at delivery. He said it was 'messy' when the dealer gets involved as a third party to the private plate owner and if things go wrong for any reason, it gets complicated. I think your dealings have just proven his case !! It was worth the extra £25.00 doing it that way, he gave me a set of 'plates with my private number on them, so in the end it didn't really cost me much more !! ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer advised me to put my private plate on retention and accept their registration number, to get the car on the road at delivery. He said it was 'messy' when the dealer gets involved as a third party to the private plate owner and if things go wrong for any reason, it gets complicated. I think your dealings have just proven his case !! It was worth the extra £25.00 doing it that way, he gave me a set of 'plates with my private number on them, so in the end it didn't really cost me much more !! ;)
I would have done it that way if I had been offered the choice, but my dealer said it would be no problem, shows you how much he knows. But I think Swansea are having a joke.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Yeah, I'm putting my own plate on retention now in expectation of a new Dacia early 2015.

Costs a bit more but worth it to save any aggravation.

I go to my local DVLA office and conduct business over the counter which irons out any potential problems there and then.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Yeah, I'm putting my own plate on retention now in expectation of a new Dacia early 2015.

Costs a bit more but worth it to save any aggravation.

I go to my local DVLA office and conduct business over the counter which irons out any potential problems there and then.
I think that you will find that they have closed all the local offices. I had to do mine by post to Swansea !! ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes all local DVDs offices are now closed! Sending retentions off by post is going back to the dark ages....I called them to ask the best way to proceed and got duff advice which delayed things by a few weeks - that then cost me £25 to change my insurance details as things were not in place in time for renewal. Used to be so easy when you could attend a counter and sort it in a day

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
yep, oh well that's progress for you. Many a time I'd be first in the queue at the Wimbledon office with my money and paperwork. At least any problems (not the there ever were any) would be sorted there and then.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
When changed mine from the dealers 'plate to my personal 'plate, believe it or beleive not, it took less than a week by post ! ;)
Also my insurance, Privilege, made no charge for new documents !! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, I ordered my Red Stepway Laureate, with spare wheel and tools at the end of July for delivery at the beginning of October. It arrived Yesterday and is waiting to be uplifted. Because I elected to register the car with my cherished plate I had to send the V5 for my trade in to the garage to have the plate transferred to the Stepway. Now I cant pick up the Stepway until I receive the V5 back from Swansea confirming the change and this may take 14 days according to the dealer. ( new excise licence rules). Its here but i cant touch it, bummer.
Tuesday 25th November 2014, I have finally picked up the Stepway, a further update sometime in the near future .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts