UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about decided the stepway is the one for me,read the niggle problem sections and taken on balance and bearing in mind ime not paying for a Renault,Ford. ect the value is good.

Now for my main concern,although the black trim looks good if i make this car a long term keeper can i keep the black looking good,never had a car with much black plastic on and i see so many where this has turned into a shabby grey/black.

Is it due to lack of regular cleaning,is there a black treatment that doesn't make it look cheap and with a false shine.

Thanks

Miike

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The stuff to use is made by autoglym. It's called bumper and trim care. Available in Halfords, sparesworld, eBay etc. I'm sure there are other products too, but I've used this on my cars for years and the results are excellent.

http://bit.ly/1140qXD
Thanks.i guess you are saying use it from day 1 as part of the normal cleaning.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Just about decided the stepway is the one for me,read the niggle problem sections and taken on balance and bearing in mind ime not paying for a Renault,Ford. ect the value is good.

Now for my main concern,although the black trim looks good if i make this car a long term keeper can i keep the black looking good,never had a car with much black plastic on and i see so many where this has turned into a shabby grey/black.

Is it due to lack of regular cleaning,is there a black treatment that doesn't make it look cheap and with a false shine.

Thanks

Miike
Mike don't think its down to regular cleaning- over the years exposed to sunlight etc the black plastic just starts to fade. I think most of these treatments end up looking false because people only do the black parts which then stand out against the rest of the car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out the Greased Lightning range- they have the most amazing car valeting products. They have a special product for black plastic trims, it keeps everything looking like new. It's also got a friendly price. Check out eBay!

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts