UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took the demonstrator for a test drive (back in June) I noticed that there was quite a bit of body roll when going round tight bends and round-a-bouts - it was probably the only negative point of the whole experience.

However, now I have my own Stepway it's hardly noticeable at all. Actually, the suspension feels taught and nicely controlled at all times and soaks up the bumps really well too.

The demo had only covered 19 miles when I drove it so it wasn't as if it was a high miler - not sure if any changes have been made to the damper rates for 'production' models or that the demo car was set up differently perhaps?

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or is it because you are driving your pride and joy more sensibly than the demonstrator? :lol:
:D

The thought had crossed my mind!

Seriously though, the demo felt almost 'floaty' by comparison.

I'm not saying the Stepway is generally set up for 'sporty driving' or chuckability but the demo was definitely softer-sprung somehow.

Both my car and the demo are Tce 90 petrol engines so no difference there either (I know the diesel engines are a little heavier).

I can see trying to keep the mileage down on mine is going to be tricky - enjoying the drive and the looks on peoples faces when we park up :D

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The 19 miles on the demo could've been a mile each by 19 hashy drivers - maybe it had been kerbed....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 19 miles on the demo could've been a mile each by 19 hashy drivers - maybe it had been kerbed....
I guess that's a possibility. It could even be down to tyre pressures too (the ones on the demo being under inflated maybe).

Either way, I'm just happy that ours feels much more planted on the road. As I said, the body roll was the only slight nag I had after the test drive but it didn't put me off as I knew I would get used to it - now though, I don 't have to - the car is great so far!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts