UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sanderos in the uk have a flush key turn only lock on the boot to open from outside the car, but the pics ive seen of european stepways and in the brochure have a push button sticky-out type barrel on the boot itself. Reason i ask is that i have dogs and dont fancy handling them and having to put keys in boot lock to open it, would much prefer to just do central locking and push button on boot without chance of keys scratching the boot. Might they have a boot release on the fob?? Didnt notice a boot button on the sandero fob when i went for a test drive.........

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realise its not from the 2013 version, but the old Sandaro appears to have had central locking/unlocking of the boot (at least in the US, as per the guide here:Dacia Sandero.pdf) - I would imagine this means that the new Stepway would also have this feature (it would be a real pain if it doesn't!).

·
Registered
346 Posts
New 2013 model Stepway in all countries have the same flush lock to the boot.
Sorry I have been without internet for a few days. I should have said push lock to the boot and I'm sure they are not going to put a different lock on just for the UK but I could be wrong. The new push buttons on the Sandero/Sandero Stepway do nt stick out as far as on my Lodgy or the Duster I used to own.
Geraint you should learn to train your dogs obedience.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Geraint here is an update on the boot locks, they all seem to have the same as my Lodgy out here which is a push button that sticks out less than on my previous Duster and has both a key unlock that unlocks just the boot or can be operated by the key fob that unlocks all the doors.

Just to show how foolish I feel that's exactly the same as my Lodgy but after 9 months of owning said Lodgy today was the first time I noticed I can use the key in the boot lock DUH!

As I said before can't see them making any differences for different countries unless local laws require differences.

Have noticed of late though with their newer models different counties are getting different spec levels and different option levels than before where every European country got basically the same, also the prices for options are not the same in all countries click on Dacia,es/.fr/.de etc. to see what I mean. I had to pay twice as much for my unwanted roof bars than the French.

Sanderos in the uk have a flush key turn only lock on the boot to open from outside the car, but the pics ive seen of european stepways and in the brochure have a push button sticky-out type barrel on the boot itself. Reason i ask is that i have dogs and dont fancy handling them and having to put keys in boot lock to open it, would much prefer to just do central locking and push button on boot without chance of keys scratching the boot. Might they have a boot release on the fob?? Didnt notice a boot button on the sandero fob when i went for a test drive.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts