UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi all,

Here is the fix for anyone with a boot that doesn't pop open when you turn the key or pull the release level in the cabin.

The boot has 2 rubber bungs on it that compress when you close the tail gate (see first picture). When you release the mechanism (by lever or key) the rubber bungs expand and pop the tailgate clear of the hook.

What sometimes happens is that the plate on the car that the tail gate mechanism 'hooks' onto moves towards the back of the car (in the direction of the red across in the second pictures). The result is that the rubber bungs do not compress and thus don't expand and pop the tailgate clear of the hook. In fact if you look in the second picture you can see the scrape marks were the plate has slid against the screws.

Simply loosen the 2 screws and push the plate in the direction of the green arrows, then tighten them up again. You'll then find the tailgate pops on release again.

I hope this helps anyone that might have this problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for that
it makes perfect sense now this car has covered 5600 miles and i guess its settled down and just needs minor adjustment, im curios if its possible to adapt something to operate the lock by the remote control

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Could this be my problem, sometimes the key just turns in the lock, no resistance, if I try a few times it eventually seems to locate and operate normally ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same problem. Pull lever, hear mechanism work but boot lid not released.

Adjusted with allen key as clearly explained, with photos included.

Works perfectly now.

Many thanks for the help.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Good info that i might have to use soon as i have ordered a LZPARTS boot paint protecor and i will have to undo those two screws to fit it. Hopefully your words of wisdom will help me resolve any popping problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The other symptom that the plate has slipped is a rattle from the tailgate, I fitted a boot lip protector and noticed that the tailgate was just touching it so moving the plate would have made the rubbing worse. My solution to both problems was to use two black tap washers the same size as the plastic bungs that the rubbers contact secured with Gorilla double sided adhesive tape worked a treat and is almost invisible.The second annoying rattle was an air con pipe the thin one with the valve right side under the bonnet that passes behind the heat shield rattling against the bulk head, cut a grommet and slid it down the pipe until it kept the pipe and the bulkhead apart silence until the next rattle appears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Here is the fix for anyone with a boot that doesn't pop open when you turn the key or pull the release level in the cabin.

The boot has 2 rubber bungs on it that compress when you close the tail gate (see first picture). When you release the mechanism (by lever or key) the rubber bungs expand and pop the tailgate clear of the hook.

What sometimes happens is that the plate on the car that the tail gate mechanism 'hooks' onto moves towards the back of the car (in the direction of the red across in the second pictures). The result is that the rubber bungs do not compress and thus don't expand and pop the tailgate clear of the hook. In fact if you look in the second picture you can see the scrape marks were the plate has slid against the screws.

Simply loosen the 2 screws and push the plate in the direction of the green arrows, then tighten them up again. You'll then find the tailgate pops on release again.

I hope this helps anyone that might have this problem.
Can anyone tell me the name of the part in the 2nd picture please? I can't find it anywhere.

I had a bike in my boot and the pedal got stuck as I pulled it out. It woke the plastic clip and now I can't open the boot without having to use a key.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts