UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that I'm getting a lot of condensation on the windscreen each morning, and it seems rather excessive for a car that's only a year old. I drive a 1979 austin mini and there's less condensation in that! The stepway is due a service so maybe the cabin/ pollen filter is blocked.

Anyway I went away on holiday for four days and when I came back the passenger footwell is soaked and there's a puddle. It seems to be running down from behind the centre console. I know it has rained a lot while I've been away but surely that shouldn't matter and it shouldn't be leaking.

So the condensation issue is obviously not going to clear up until the car has completely dried out and I've bought dehumidifiers ready to go in once I find this leak.

Has anyone else had an issue with their stepway leaking, or can you suggest where to investigate.

I would just ask dacia to look at it when it goes in for the service but the last time I asked a main dealer (volvo) to look at something that should be under warranty, they told me they investigated, it wasn't something covered under warranty and I owe them £600 lol.

IMG_2136_zps6d86ac7d.jpg

·
Registered
517 Posts
You need to do two things quickly take your time with third thing - do it tomorrow.

1. Issue passengers with a floatation device and tell them where the muster station is.

2. Provide breathing apparatus and a hammer to break the windows and let the water out.

3. Get the car/boat to a dealer before rust sets in. Its a warranty claim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts