UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Just taken delivery of my stepway late December. Only just noticed the keyhole is on the passengers side ! is this the same for everybody else too ?

Just to clarify. I have the Laurette model with central locking.

Keyhole on boot.
Keyhole on passengers side.
Nothing in drivers.

Is this a mistake from a left hand driving car ?

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
193 Posts
This is quite normal just one of the cost cutting measures to keep the price down. So they don't have to redesign the door panels from left hand drive.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yup - cost saving it is!

On the other hand, you could flip this on it's head and say "It's a safety feature - say you're parked on the side of the road, passenger door to the footpath. You find the remote battery has died. You don't want to be poking around with your keys trying to get in on the driver's side with the traffic whizzing by right? Well, Dacia has this covered - open the door on the footpath side!"

......yeah, OK, I'll get my coat :lol:

·
Registered
348 Posts
This is quite normal just one of the cost cutting measures to keep the price down. So they don't have to redesign the door panels from left hand drive.
I do not understand the cost cutting argument, when the base model standard Sandero, same door panel, has a lock on the driver's door, because it does not have central locking.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I do not understand the cost cutting argument, when the base model standard Sandero, same door panel, has a lock on the driver's door, because it does not have central locking.
Seriously? I didn't realize that - great spot Timeliner!

TBH if I thought I could get away with it I would remove the door locks completely. It's just way to easy to scratch the paint with the other 30-odd keys on the bunch!

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Hi.

Just taken delivery of my stepway late December. Only just noticed the keyhole is on the passengers side ! is this the same for everybody else too ?

Just to clarify. I have the Laurette model with central locking.

Keyhole on boot.
Keyhole on passengers side.
Nothing in drivers.

Is this a mistake from a left hand driving car ?

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app
Mine is the same !

·
Registered
43 Posts
John,

I have bought the same Stepway model as you.
Given that Renault own Dacia and certainly on the Laguna I had also was central locking with keyhole in boot and passenger side only I don't think there is any mistake.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
It saves money when converting a car from the mass market left hand drive to the much smaller rt hand drive market, had a 307 once with a tiny glove box but on holiday in nice we had one as a hire car and the glove box was huge, the difference being the fuse box is located under the steering wheel on the french model and they didn't bother to move it for the uk market robbing us of a decent glove box

1 - 10 of 10 Posts