UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a stepway. But to me the letters on the doors look naff. Are they easy to remove without doing any damage?

Anyone done it ?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
The letters are like marmite.... I like both :)
but yeah people have removed them. Gently warm them and peel them off, I even think someone convinced their dealer to remove them before collection.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I asked the dealer to remove them, and they were quite happy to do it. We all have different reasons for removing them, mine was that because they are just a plastic sticker, I didn't like the idea that in a few years they might start to peel and curl up at the edges, and to remove them then might leave a sun bleached image in the paint work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hopefully will be collecting my pearl black Stepway at the weekend when DVLA have sent me my registration docs...but went to have a look at it on Saturday and have asked the dealer to remove the lettering for me.

Sent from my M3 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully will be collecting my pearl black Stepway at the weekend when DVLA have sent me my registration docs...but went to have a look at it on Saturday and have asked the dealer to remove the lettering for me.

Sent from my M3 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app
why do you have to wait for DVLA to send docs? I have always picked car up long before the registration docs which arrive later ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Dealer asked if I wanted them removed which me and the wife both replie "yes" at the same time! He said most people ask for them removed

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
84 Posts
why do you have to wait for DVLA to send docs? I have always picked car up long before the registration docs which arrive later ?
Private number plate from my old vehicle was on retention so dealer sent it off to them once they had the details of my Stepway which was delivered last week. When I saw it at the weekend my reg was on it....so just waiting for log book now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had mine removed by the dealer prior to collection, but have seen that people have removed them by using a hair dryer to warm them up to soften the glue, and apparently they just peel off easily, then use a polish/cleaner to remove any glue residue.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had a mate with a Subaru garage and he would take off the decals with a hair dryer like above

Sent from my GT-N7100 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had issues with hair drier.. dont think I held it long enough over the paintwork.. so I had to use tar remove to get the rest of it off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used a hair dryer on the first two letters I removed and found that heating the adhesive caused it to stick to the paintwork worse than not heating. For the rest I just heated a corner to lift it then just pulled the sticker off and polished.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts