UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing first, I removed the Sandero badge from the tailgate, I wanted to remove the Stepway stickers from the doors but I was not allowed the other half protested so they remain for now. But one fine day in the middle of the night she is going to go out to the car and get such a fright..... I can feel them mysteriously disappearing very soon lol.

I warmed up the badge for a couple of minutes with a hair dryer, I then gently peeled it off the tail gate with ease... I got it off complete with sticky backing then stuck it to a piece of greaseproof paper.... Will keep to put back on when I sell the car in the future.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looking good!

I asked the dealership to take off the Stepway stickers from mine before I collected. They said they were the worst they had ever had to remove. Difficult! So be warned ;)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next up was to give Nessi the real shine the dealers did not give Nessi before I collected him.

As you will see I am a sheer fan of Autoglym.... each to there own but I think its great stuff brilliant shine with great protection in my eyes nothing else make the water bead on the paintwork like Autoglym does.

1) Wash car with Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner.

2) Polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish

3) Protect with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

Stand back and admire my handywork thinking what a brilliant deep glossy shine my car has...

" Before you ask no I do not work for or have any shares with Autoglym pmsl "

·
Registered
27 Posts
Next up was to give Nessi the real shine the dealers did not give Nessi before I collected him.

As you will see I am a sheer fan of Autoglym.... each to there own but I think its great stuff brilliant shine with great protection in my eyes nothing else make the water bead on the paintwork like Autoglym does.

1) Wash car with Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner.

2) Polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish

3) Protect with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

Stand back and admire my handywork thinking what a brilliant deep glossy shine my car has...

" Before you ask no I do not work for or have any shares with Autoglym pmsl "
I'm a big fan of Autogylm super resin polish. Used it for years, good stuff!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next it was time to add some protection to Nessi

Side Door protection is a must, To minimise the risk of the careless car park door dingers... Not just do they offer some protection for the doors they look not too bad.

They were relatively easy to put on, First I used masking tape across both doors to make sure I had a perfectly straight guide line, Then it was a case of just sticking them on with the fixing tape that comes on the door strips... ( Tip warm up doors and strips with a hair dryer before sticking on to ensure a good strong bond )

The Manufacturer / Supplier is great to deal with, Delivery time is relatively quick from time of order.

For them at the best price order direct here.
http://shop.automotiva.co.uk/gb/dacia/300-dacia-sandero-stepway-side-protection-mouldings.html

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On all other cars I have had in the past the door sills always seem to get rather scratched.

With this in mind with the knowledge that dacia paint is rather soft and easily scratched, I thought door sill protectors are a must.

These are very easy to put on with the provided sticky backing, I used a little strip of masking tape on the sill as a alignment marker so I stuck them in exactly the same position on both sides of the car, once you peel off the backing you only get one chance, so once they stick you cant move them. ( tip! ensure sill is perfectly clean before sticking them on.... To ensure a strong grip heat up sill and protector plate before sticking it on ).

Not just will these protect your sills, them look pretty good when you open your door the mirror shine of them is fab.

These are available on flebay from the same seller with a few different user names... but personally I found the guy to be a idiot, He promised to send me them then after 10 days and numerous communications he had still not sent them and was ignoring my communications, So I would not even recommend him to my worse enemy.

I got mine from amazon delivered within a few days.
Here is a link for them from a reputable supplier.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dacia-Sandero-Mk2-Stepway-plates/dp/B00E5UFVAA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1433370832&sr=8-3&keywords=stepway+door+sills

* first image front door sill, second image rear door sill

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Onto the boot next, That uncovered panel when you open the boot is going to get scratched in no time, especially with our dogs and shopping trips.
Dogs will not be safe jumping into the car with wet paws after a trip to the beach that will be slippy and is a recipe for disaster... So time to get it covered before the dogs get a run in Nessi.

First I made a template with white card of the shape required and a cut out for the lock ( with the bottom of the boot rubber removed to get the best fit with the template ).

I then used the template to cut the required shape out of a piece of vehicle carpet, which I firmly stuck in place with strips of double sided tape.

This is the carpet and tape that I used to do the job perfectly, you only require 1 of each both items arrived quickly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261841954697?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=560694240627&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321009128750?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

* First image from rear of car.. Second image is view from back seats.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Inside of the boot sorted now for the outside...

Protecting the rear bumper from scratches is a must, Dacia soft paint will get scratched easily so its better to protect the bumper than it looking rather tatty once I have had the car for a wile.

Not just will I be protecting the bumper from shopping and my dogs claws, I will also be giving my dogs something to grip onto when they jump into the boot.

Got the protector direct from the manufacture who is excellent, they do this in 4 colours if you contact them they happily send you colour samples so you can match to choose the one you prefer... I went for the black one as it has a bit of texture to it so it will be best for my dogs to get a grip on... the silver was nicer but it was a glossy smooth finish so would have been slippy for the dogs... An it helped that the black one was cheaper lol... Delivery is just a few days.

Here is the item I used.
http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP752&sid=78imnm3u55v0bs6496sbwx595r6jjxab

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the protection taken care of.... Now for some driver comfort.

I like to have the window open when driving, I'm a smoker and need a ashtray never have used the in-cae ones might be a smoker but hate the smell of stale *** ends..
when you have the window open in these cars and use the screen-wash you get wet as the water flies in the window, So to cure that issue Im fitting wind deflectors... These will also be handy on the back windows so I can have the back windows down a bit so the dogs will get fresh air in the back without the rain blowing in the windows.

Got these cheapest on flebay for the full set, the seller says they are in the UK but they are in Germany so delivery is over 2 weeks... but these are the best make at the best price so worth the wait.

Here they are.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141484714018?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Next its onto the bonnet.

Here I have fitted a seal under the bonnet, This will minimise the wind noise from the front end of the car, Anther purpose is to keep the engine clean.. Keeping the engine clean is a good thing to help maintain your engines performance. Oil, grease and dirt covering & stuck to a engine acts like a insulating blanket so your engine has to work much harder to keep cool... By keeping your engine clean it will help it perform like it should and maintain its fuel economy.

There is a few varieties of this seal but some are rubbish and will perish or harden and crack, so its important to get the right one.. you require just over 2 meters to do the job most of the cheap sellers will suggest you buy 3 meters so you end up throwing nearly a whole meter away so it works out more expensive for what is probably a inferior product than buying the best you can get.

If you order 2 meters from here they usually over measure it anyway because they are nice, So 2 meters will do you... I only ordered 2 meters and still had a good bit left over. So forget the rest buy from the best.

As a little bonus I have a 5% voucher code from the supplier that you can use For this item its 5MAY15 just use this code when you are confirming your order it the checkout... ( further on the year just change the month i.e. the next code will be 5JUNE15 then 5JULY15.

Here is the item you will need QTY 2 ( feel free to message the seller and tell him you seen it recommended here on the Dacia Forum by a Forum member.

http://www.monkeydub-car-parts.co.uk/product/jumbo-rubber-door-seal-2/

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a fair bit of protection done, Now its time for a little Jazz for Nessi.

One of my personal pet hates is black cheap looking door handles, So I just had to get Jazzy covers to cover them up... I could not find body coloured ones so had to settle for the next best thing chrome door handle covers..

These come with sticky strips on the back of them so its a simple case of peel off the backing tape and stick them on. ( Tip as always with these stick on things get the hair dryer out and warm them up to ensure the sticky strip gets a real good hold ).

I got these on flebay, They were free delivery but The seller's courier charges £15 surcharge to some areas mine being one of them but No way was I going to pay £15 delivery for them, After messaging the seller and discussing this with him he agreed to send them with MyHermes. Although the communication with the seller delayed dispatch by around a week he did manage to send them to me with free P&P so worth it in the end ( May have been less but it's only fair to point out there was a bank holiday weekend in the middle of it )Then delivery just took a few days.

Here they are... But remember if the seller messages you with a postage surcharge just message him back and ask him if he will send them to you with MyHermes as you are not bothered if the delivery takes a couple of days longer with MyHermes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271804171683?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking good!

I asked the dealership to take off the Stepway stickers from mine before I collected. They said they were the worst they had ever had to remove. Difficult! So be warned ;)
I removed a friends off their Stepway doors for them, It was easy enough to get them off just made sure I warmed them up well with a hair dryer first then they came off no problem.. just little residues of glue left and my friend got the little bits of glue off in no time with a bit of polish... Garage obviously did not warm them up enough Ha unless they peeled them off cold lol..

·
Registered
123 Posts
She's looking Fab now!!,

My stepway stickers came off easy, just warmed them up with a hair drier, & peeled them off.

Just ordered a tailgate guard, like yours but in brushed alloy.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking good, getting more blinged than Dave and Big G's Steppys ;)
HaHa! Nessi is only 3 weeks old now, Half of hiz bling was here before he was lol... Don't know what will be next but I am sure there will be something else hiding round the corner for him.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pity about the ugly 'Arnold Clark' sticker. Did you forget that one?
No not at all, I purposely left it on as Nessi is booked into the Workshop to get some minor issues sorted out tomorrow... One being I ordered and paid for Stepway Mats, The Idiots put in Arnold Clark tailored fit mats.. They have Arnold Clark on them in dirty big blue writing. So they are getting taken out and what I ordered put in feckin chancers.
When I get Nessi back from the workshop I am going to call the salesman out to the car and ask him to take the ugly yellow sticker off my car that they put on it as I do not recall offering them free advertising space on Nessi.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She's looking Fab now!!,
My stepway stickers came off easy, just warmed them up with a hair drier, & peeled them off.
Just ordered a tailgate guard, like yours but in brushed alloy.
I have to say I actually preferred the Silver RearGuard for Nessi, but it looked very glossy smooth so would have been too slippy for my dogs, So had to opt for the black one as It has a textured surface on it and my dogs will get some grip on it, so unfortunately safety has to win on this one.
When your one arrives its going to look really cool on the Pearl Black, good choice.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The only thing is I have to wait 2 weeks, as they have non in stock.

I to would like some door mouldings, but not in black. Not sure if there are any other colour Though.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts