UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Has anyone who ordered through a dealer had any direct correspondence with Dacia? I ordered my Stepway at the beginning of February and have heard nothing since. No contact from dealer or Dacia. Is this the same for everyone? Cheers :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi! Has anyone who ordered through a dealer had any direct correspondence with Dacia? I ordered my Stepway at the beginning of February and have heard nothing since. No contact from dealer or Dacia. Is this the same for everyone? Cheers :)
No nothing - chased dealer a few times but nada - think this heading same way as Duster preorders.....

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Hello,

I ordered through a dealer also beginning of Apr, he told me not to expect any contact til around end of May when the Demo's were in so I could arrange a test drive and then late July when he expected the cars to be arriving this was before Dacia put on their website that the car wouldn't be delivered til Sept.

I wouldn't expect any contact til the demo arrives at your dealership to be honest as there really isn't anything to update just yet.

Juju

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I'd seen somewhere that someone who had pre-ordered had received a confirmation email from Dacia but not sure if that was just for online orders. My dealer hasn't returned my call........

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Maybe it was an online order, I personally have not received any formal documentation from my dealer or Dacia in the post or in an email.

To be fair, I rang my dealership last week Tuesday, I was promised he would call on me back the next day (Wednesday).....and to date I am still waiting :lol:.

What is it about us Dacia customers that strikes fear into Renault salesmen :ph34r: :lol:.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Maybe it was an online order, I personally have not received any formal documentation from my dealer or Dacia in the post or in an email.

To be fair, I rang my dealership last week Tuesday, I was promised he would call on me back the next day (Wednesday).....and to date I am still waiting :lol:.

What is it about us Dacia customers that strikes fear into Renault salesmen :ph34r: :lol:.
I got my order confirmation form from my dealer - always a good idea when handover the wrong specs ;)

And wrong prices - spare wheel has doubled in price since order place.... Accessories pack has halved the price but half the items as well......

To be fair they get zero commision on Dacias so Renault orders will still get better CS.....hopefully this will change once Dacia overtake Renault in the order books

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ordered via dealer on 30 January and on 18 Apr got e-mail from Dacia;

"We're pleased to inform you that your order has been placed. Your dealer will be in touch soon with an estimated delivery date"

Waiting on dealer.

Reactions: Juju Beanz

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought someone else had said they had a similar email! not going mad then! I'll try my dealer again today, not returning my calls at the mo. It's frustrating already as I'm quite prepared to wait as long as my current car passes its mot but just want to be kept updated so I can make decisions. Thanks :)

Reactions: Juju Beanz

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Hi ya Stepway-ers...thought I'd pop in and say hello!!!

I ordered my Duster through a dealer, and they sent me a confirmation email, but I had nothing from Dacia at all, only the dealers word.

About 3 days before I picked George up the dealer phoned and then emailed me a letter which I had to sign, so that the DVLA could register him to me, and assign the registration plates.

When I picked George up, I had SO much to sign, everything was there for putting the registration in my name, confirming the VIN no, signing all of the finance documents (which I did read JuJu don't panic!!) and so I arrived not knowing what to expect (having never had a new car before), and left with new George, and a folder full of info and stuff to read, and his manual and everything.

They gave me a confirmation of George being in my name, which covered me until the log-book arrived from the DVLA 3 or 4 days later.

So having felt as though my £100 deposit was lost in the ether at Dacia, i had a new George on the drive suddenly !!!!

Ooooooooh, and if you have financed your car, and pick it up, and the date of the agreement means your first payment is going to be awkward with respect to your payday date......phone the finance company within the first month, before the 1st payment is taken. I did this, and discovered that it was a really good idea, if you wait til after the first payment they will charge you £25 or whatever for the priviledge. I put the date back about 6 days, and it was free, and now my payments are after payday.....always a good Idea!!!!!!!

hope this reassures some of you......

its worth the waiting I promise :)

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Hello and welcome Dusterdly to George's little brothers waiting room,

Thanks for your comment, I was poised with an instant reply. But then took note of your "don't panic Juju" and all was well in the world once again ;-)

Come and visit again soon.

Juju

Hi ya Stepway-ers...thought I'd pop in and say hello!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have just received a call from our local dealer who has had confirmation from Dacia that our long awaited Stepway Laureate dci in cinder red will be with the dealer on 7th July and should be ready for collection a few days later. We are actually on holiday that week so will not be able to collect until the following week. Had hoped to have a test drive in a demonstrator but when I asked they were not sure if their demonstrator would arrive before ours. Order placed 23rd Feb.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Hello and welcome Dusterdly to George's little brothers waiting room,

Thanks for your comment, I was poised with an instant reply. But then took note of your "don't panic Juju" and all was well in the world once again ;-)

Come and visit again soon.

Juju
Awwww thats SO cute, the thought of George having a wee brother on the way!!! When's his due date again? :)

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Oh you are funny :lol: Dusterdly.

So far, June 6th for Izzy and July 7th for Dave and sometime near September for me :lol:.

Although if they say my baby is coming in June :mellow: :huh: :eek: I may just take it :wub: , but if its in August :rolleyes: :angry:, he can stay a little longer and make an appearance in Sept.

Awwww thats SO cute, the thought of George having a wee brother on the way!!! When's his due date again? :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's great news that people are starting to get delivery dates. Just out of curiosity Dave, what part of the world are you in? I've ordered the same car but in silver & have heard nothing from Dacia or my dealer & I ordered at the beginning of Feb. I'm in south Wales :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Folks,

Just had a test drive and have ordered an Ambience 90Tce in Cinder red . I just had the order confirmed by the dealer with a proposed delivery date of late October.

At least it will be on teh new years reg!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Excellent that you have ordered!

Woah! The delivery dates have certainly taken a jump into the future.Exciting stuff though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts