UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone else had an issue with paying the £100 deposit online and not hearing from the dealership? I placed an order online on the 2nd of March and sent the following yesterday:

Hello,

On the 2nd March I put down a deposit via the [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]Dacia[/background] website for a
Sandero Stepway (Order ref: XXXXXXXXXXX. I can see the order
is at the Acknowledged stage. Just wondered if you could please advise
me when it is likely to get to the order confirmed stage?

Kind Regards,

Me
----------------------------------

Then got the following:

Hello *Mr surname spelt incorrect*.

We have recieved your email regarding the Stepway but we are unaware of your order. Did you choose us as your perferred dealer.

Regards

So I replied:

Hi XXXXX,​

Yes I selected the dealership at XXXXXX as part of the online order.

Then got:

[background=transparent]

[indent=1.1]

Hello XXXXX,​

I have emailed [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]Dacia[/background] to send your order to us . I am off tomorrow, so I will contact you Saturday.

Regards​

XXX​

P.S I have a number of customers already waiting to be allocated cars. Early orders are due cars in June.​

Sent: 07 March 2013 16:46
To: XXXX
Subject: Re: [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]Dacia[/background] Stepway

[/indent][/background]

[background=transparent]

[indent=1.1]

Many thanks XXXXX,

The order ref is XXXXXX
[/indent][/background]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone else had issues? I mean they had 2 protection packs listed as of 2 weeks ago on the site when placing an order (none of which was priced correctly) when in fact the only accessory pack is the Touring Pack which costs around £250. The Dacia site only updated this section around 1-2 weeks ago.

Is it that hard to get the ordering system right?...

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I went straight to our local dealer. I preferred to see the whites of the salesmanship eye before I parted with the deposit. I really love the dacia range, it refreshing, looks good & practical. BUT the admin seems to be lacking somewhat. Renault have been doing this for years, why is there so many hurdles to jump before an order/delivery happens.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a test drive in a Sandero and would've prefered to have placed the deposit with my local dealership, but I was told it would be £500. As it's only £100 to do it online I went down that route.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was told at the time that it was only £100 during the "pre-order period". But since the Stepway isn't out yet, you would've thought the dealer would still offer it for £100? Oh well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts