UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's the only thing, maybe he can price it like that as I've only seen them on there, would be a good option for the OEM at Dacia itself

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good spot Phil..
The V-3 look very similar to them more expensive ones on flebay..

Although I am not sure they fit the Mk11 Stepway, As they state for models from 2010
Would there be vast difference in the 2010 and the 2013 on models..I would have thought the basic body would be the same without all the stick on stuff added.. :unsure: I'm not one for lots of bling and stick on stuff but do like mods that are practical and would add stuff like the discs I showed on another thread or the strut top caps you put on your thread.. ;)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Would there be vast difference in the 2010 and the 2013 on models..I would have thought the basic body would be the same without all the stick on stuff added.. :unsure: I'm not one for lots of bling and stick on stuff but do like mods that are practical and would add stuff like the discs I showed on another thread or the strut top caps you put on your thread.. ;)
Tbh I am not entirely certain of the differences between the older & newer models...

Them runner boards look ok, but if they are only cosmetic they would not be worth putting on.. Without really knowing haw they are fixed to the car its hard to work out if they would be load bearing or not... If they are not load bearing they would really be as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've fitted some to a suzuki vitara in the past and if the fitting is the same, which it would appear, they are load bearing.
Right under the car, not too far from where you would jack the car up, are 2 holes with bungs in, you remove the bungs and put these special uni nut fixings into the hole which have a threaded portion on to connect a support arm to. This then bolts to the step itself. I'll look for a picture to best explain ....

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...but I'm wondering why someone would fit them to a Steppy - as they would remove the extra ground clearance over the stock Sandero; add weight and increase drag - both of which would affect fuel economy...

...also, from previous experience with a set on a RAV4, they aren't likely to stop a wayward shopping trolley hitting the door panel!

Joe

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
...but I'm wondering why someone would fit them to a Steppy - as they would remove the extra ground clearance over the stock Sandero; add weight and increase drag - both of which would affect fuel economy...

...also, from previous experience with a set on a RAV4, they aren't likely to stop a wayward shopping trolley hitting the door panel!

Joe
I looked at them and all the same things crossed my mind, Also they don't actually look wide enough to use as a step bet you are likely to catch your heel on them when getting out of the car... So they will probably be a hindrance making the wide step out of a Stepway even wider..

The only positive appeal could be from a cosmetic point, but this is by far out numbered by the negative points.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts