UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so since becoming aware of the Dacia brand around three months ago, and having read about all I possibly can on Dacia (including You Tube), it's increasingly likely I might be in the market for two diesel Laureate's. I haven't had a chance to physically go over one - nearest I got was two seconds looking though the windscreen before a salesman pounced!!!
Anyway, I'd like to know exactly how good (or otherwise) they are, being rational and unbiased (although I appreciate an owners forum might be biased!!).
I can't find a bad word in motoring reviews - though one had: "Pros. Price, economy, room, equipment. Cons. Road Tax £20. Not Free. I kid you not!!!
So, all things considered, what's the general opinion of Stepway's?
I'd be changing from a Suzuki Swift (wife) & my Skoda Superb 60 plate.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Great cars

We own a dCi laureate spec Stepway, love it. I bought the spare wheel at time of order and have since fitted an engine compartment seal and mud flaps all round.
Engine has plenty power for our needs, handles well on roads and motorways (it's a crossover not a sports car) and is more than at home on rough roads. Inside is functional with a light and spacious feeling cabin, plenty of head space front and back. We transport our precious cargo in it a lot of the time (Emma our 5y/o) and she likes it too ;) plenty of boot space for the grocery shop. We picked the laureate for the extras and the height adjustable seat (and electric mirrors) so we could easily adjust our driver setup (I'm 6'2 and Lou's only 5'0). Had it since sept 1st and have had a great time with it.

If I can offer any more help or advice just ask away or PM me.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Ok, so since becoming aware of the Dacia brand around three months ago, and having read about all I possibly can on Dacia (including You Tube), it's increasingly likely I might be in the market for two diesel Laureate's. I haven't had a chance to physically go over one - nearest I got was two seconds looking though the windscreen before a salesman pounced!!!
Anyway, I'd like to know exactly how good (or otherwise) they are, being rational and unbiased (although I appreciate an owners forum might be biased!!).
I can't find a bad word in motoring reviews - though one had: "Pros. Price, economy, room, equipment. Cons. Road Tax £20. Not Free. I kid you not!!!
So, all things considered, what's the general opinion of Stepway's?
I'd be changing from a Suzuki Swift (wife) & my Skoda Superb 60 plate.
Call me old fashioned but what does wifey think? Do you need Diesels' I find the petrol engine has everything I need' cheap tax' good power and excellent mpg' save yourself 2 grand and go for the petrol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Call me old fashioned but what does wifey think? Do you need Diesels' I find the petrol engine has everything I need' cheap tax' good power and excellent mpg' save yourself 2 grand and go for the petrol.
Wife's interested in the slightly higher driving position, and general good reviews...no particular preference re fuel types, but likes the thought of the larger capacity oil burner. Both the cheaper petrol model has to be a consideration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts