UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,

After a spate of false alarm activations I noticed the driver door lock button apparently not travelling all the way down when firing the remote central locking. After a fiddle I came to the conclusion that all methods of locking the door seemed to offer some resistance - key, remote and button. No alarms when leaving the car unlocked so I presume the drivers door lock was not engaging properly.

Thinking something simple might be blocking movement I whipped of the door panel expecting to find a lump of foam or cabling in the way but all is clear. On closer inspection I find all the locks are quite stiff, with the manual button lacking the distinct click into place of my other car, and on the drivers door a distinct creak can be heard when locking.

Are duster locks usually like this or am I missing some lubrication?

Given the rear locks have no key slot, getting some grease in there would be a major operation, but rather than make the 40 mile round trip to the dealer would happily get some lube in there if that's the cure.

Anyone else had issues with locks?

Cheers

GTG

btw, my duster was one of the first off the line.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Not stiff locks but it might be related, my door locks started playing up a few weeks back, if you open the door from the inside the door handle doesn't 'spring' back into place and the locking mechanism won't engage. I have to make sure I manually push the handle back each time I get out, until I get time to visit the dealer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that's my problem too as I noticed the interior door handle sticking out a bit. Something in there is resisting movement. Still have the trim off but I'm hanging back as there's obvious place to squirt grease into.

I wonder what the dealer would do if I took it in with the door trim already off? After all it would save them time but suspect before I take this back to the dealer I'll should buy some trim clips and pit it all back together. They almost all broke taking the trim off - not unusual - the service manual advises clip replacement anyway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I seem to have fixed my doors. I found all 4 interior handles stiff, once removed they would stay in the open position despite the chunky spring. A squirt of plastic friendly grease cured the problem. So, easier to remove the handles first - 1 x bolt - than take off the door trim... :D

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts