UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 months on since delivery and already got some stone chips on the bonnet of our Duster. Is repair of these covered by warranty or is it a DIY fix? Seen other thread regarding touch up paint so presumably others have had same problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I will have to try and get hold of a touch up pen. Any idea if white is a Nissan colour and if so which one?

·
Registered
407 Posts
2 months on since delivery and already got some stone chips on the bonnet of our Duster. Is repair of these covered by warranty or is it a DIY fix? Seen other thread regarding touch up paint so presumably others have had same problem.
Know what you mean Chargot. I've recently made a vain attempt to touch up a couple on the bonnet. I've decided to just keep touching up the chips until I get a nice collection, then get a good repairer to do a better job on the lot.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Perhaps worth considering, we certainly will be exploring this option - drop into a local company that does graphics for van sides and *price up a transparent 'panel' cut to fit the area across the width of your bonnet. It doesn't have to cover the whole bonnet, just the first 15cm / 6 inches or so from the front edge.

I worked in a garage which was owned by a sign manufacturing company and when we were preparing its old vans to go for auction we had to remove all the company graphics. I noticed the areas that had a graphic and then removed didn't have a single chip underneath.

Granted the down-side is you'd have a slightly visible edge across the bonnet, however personally I think its a small price to pay as it should stop the chips and, most importantly to a canny Scot like myself - saves me money in the long run. :)

*(Cost the panel supplied for you to stick on, or have them do it.)

WeegieBob.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I wonder how that will go on ! I for one could not use it my car would look like a crinkly crisp when finished haha Sooner that stuff though than this paint ! I have seen cars over here with the bonnets and roofs pealing I think the sun affects it

and the music is good

Hey this could be a great business for someone that good with there hands !

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
The saying 'Why have a yacht and keep it in the harbour' springs to mind .... perhaps this could help :)

mig2.jpg

But a car is meant to be driven, and no matter what we do there will be chips all over the place. I have had a few on the wings, a couple on the bonnet, one on the windscreen pillar, and a big one at the right angle edge leading to the roof above the windscreen .... yikes that was a big one!! Even had one or two on door pillars caused by things such as lovely ladies handbags :angry:

However a little bit of slap (around £17 all in) .....

scratchm1.jpg

soon covered up the offending culprits (with enough left for 100s of others), the coverup effectivness reflected in my skill, or lack of it at times :rolleyes:

For myself the
  • 'Bra' looks daft .....
  • Vinyl a few too many areas to cover, whole bonnet edge, front lip of the roof, wing haunches
  • That other stuff ...... reminds me of that erotic paint-on-latex a girlfriend used to like ;)
  • Paint cheap .... my time is cheap as well B) ....... and can be used all around the car!

Paint, that's just my preference .... although that latex stuff looks nice :wub: ..... yikes, wrong forum for that!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Oh my cod! That'll cost a few squid on his no clams discount.........

·
Registered
206 Posts
skrich - this isn't the right plaice for frivolity. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
The saying 'Why have a yacht and keep it in the harbour' springs to mind .... perhaps this could help :)

attachicon.gif
mig2.jpg

But a car is meant to be driven, and no matter what we do there will be chips all over the place. I have had a few on the wings, a couple on the bonnet, one on the windscreen pillar, and a big one at the right angle edge leading to the roof above the windscreen .... yikes that was a big one!! Even had one or two on door pillars caused by things such as lovely ladies handbags :angry:

However a little bit of slap (around £17 all in) .....

attachicon.gif
scratchm1.jpg

soon covered up the offending culprits (with enough left for 100s of others), the coverup effectivness reflected in my skill, or lack of it at times :rolleyes:

For myself the
  • 'Bra' looks daft .....
  • Vinyl a few too many areas to cover, whole bonnet edge, front lip of the roof, wing haunches
  • That other stuff ...... reminds me of that erotic paint-on-latex a girlfriend used to like ;)
  • Paint cheap .... my time is cheap as well B) ....... and can be used all around the car!

Paint, that's just my preference .... although that latex stuff looks nice :wub: ..... yikes, wrong forum for that!!!
I have never managed to make a good stone chip repair, would rather go with the prevention, quite like the idea of a same colour bonnet wrap, although as an 80's kid was thinking rs1600i black bonnet stripes :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts