UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everybody,

I am a relatively new owner of a Dacia Sandero 1.5 dCi Ambiance and am loving it.

I am hoping somebody here is willing to help me with a query that I have. When I have my windows down I can hear my tyres "clicking" as I drive around. If I go slowly, they "click" slowly, if I go quickly, the clicking increases in speed also. This isn't something you can hear internally, only when the window is down and I am driving close to a reflective sound surface, e.g. a wall.

It is causing me a little bit of discomfort as I don't believe it should be happening; I am hoping somebody here has had a similar experience. I have a three year old daughter so I am concerned that this may lead to some sort of dangerous situation.

Do any of you lovely people know what this is? I don't want to call Dacia up and get them to look at it if it is just a general nuisance and is not a serious problem, I really don't want to bother anybody with it. Unless somebody lets me know that it really is a danger/not right.

Thank you all for your time and I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Jason Himsworth

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Good evening everybody,

I am a relatively new owner of a Dacia Sandero 1.5 dCi Ambiance and am loving it.

I am hoping somebody here is willing to help me with a query that I have. When I have my windows down I can hear my tyres "clicking" as I drive around. If I go slowly, they "click" slowly, if I go quickly, the clicking increases in speed also. This isn't something you can hear internally, only when the window is down and I am driving close to a reflective sound surface, e.g. a wall.

It is causing me a little bit of discomfort as I don't believe it should be happening; I am hoping somebody here has had a similar experience. I have a three year old daughter so I am concerned that this may lead to some sort of dangerous situation.

Do any of you lovely people know what this is? I don't want to call Dacia up and get them to look at it if it is just a general nuisance and is not a serious problem, I really don't want to bother anybody with it. Unless somebody lets me know that it really is a danger/not right.

Thank you all for your time and I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Jason Himsworth
Welcome to the forum, Jason ! ;)

Something is not quite right ! Before you start imagining all sorts of mechanical things are your sure that you havn't got a nail or something in a tyre ? Just a thought ! ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I do find my tyres love to pick up stones,have they been doing any resurfacing in your area.
I've got a Logan and I admit I quite often find myself plucking stones from my tyres, my neighbours pea gravel drive that gets spread all over the road is the culprit round here :angry: I think if I didn't do this half my tyres would be stone the other half rubber. eventually,I'd either be firing these off all over town, or it could be an advantage, they would stay in and my tyres would be invincible to all punctures.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
U said that u had all wheels up on jack and spun wheels check for stones none can't be boot gated ur hear noise some sort it won't be ur inner wing plastic wheel arches the faster u go wind moving part inner plastic arches making clicking noise just thought

·
Registered
468 Posts
Its too consistent for that. Have got some new black trim in shed I may try. Fronts are doing it but bit baffled as to why nsr is too. There's no stones or any noise wat so ever wen car jacked up and wheel spun up. Surely it couldn't be trims or tyres??

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Go with the obvious first

1/ Remove the wheel trims - test
2/ Swap fronts and rears (you might think its the nsr but it could just sound that way) - test

Either way above you'll eliminate the trims and based on the noise either staying or following the wheel swap you'll either eliminate the wheels or confirm they are the source.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I may be stating the obvious here, and it may already have been mentioned as I've not read much of it, but you haven't got tie wraps on the wheel trims have you?
It must be something catching the air, are the valves protruding out beyond the wheel housing?

·
Registered
169 Posts
It seems to be, more luck than judgement I think, as it took me taking them off and putting them in a few times to sort it so it may come back. How does it look with black trims? Would like to see a pic if you get a minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had clicking noises from the wheels when I was doing slow maneuvers and applying the brakes. It was the brake pads in the callipers they needed adjusting and cleaning.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ours was wheel trims moving about in wheel due to wat I believe was too much tyre paint applied on delivery. Bizarre and unheard of but true. Changed trims and noise disappeared.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts