UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I recently bought a late 2018 Logan, (0.9 petrol).

An amber dash warning light came on this morning. It is on the Rev counter side and looks like an hospital 'ECG' display. Owners Handbook give the usual vague cop-out. There are no other warning lights on, (other than the ones that are meant to be there), so any suggestions as to what's causing it would be appreciated. (4000 miles on it from new on a UK 68 plate).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wish I had a Logan. My wife told me to get the Duster. I did and boy it's way too sporty and chic!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wish I had a Logan. My wife told me to get the Duster. I did and boy it's way too sporty and chic!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Got it because the wife uses a mobility scooter. The boot is Huge. For such a little engine it really goes when you put your foot down as well. It easily copes with motorway speeds and distances.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,825 Posts
If you search the forums there are cases of the dealer forgetting. The warranty runs from the date of sale not date of manufacture so I would not be surprised if the dealer has to connect the car to the Renault servers to complete the sale and the service countdown is started, Did you buy it from a dealer? Did the warning appear 1 year after first registration? If so ask them to reset. If not the dealer may ask for £80 to do it. Try the unofficial reset in the linked post. Can you post if it works or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you search the forums there are cases of the dealer forgetting. The warranty runs from the date of sale not date of manufacture so I would not be surprised if the dealer has to connect the car to the Renault servers to complete the sale and the service countdown is started, Did you buy it from a dealer? Did the warning appear 1 year after first registration? If so ask them to reset. If not the dealer may ask for £80 to do it. Try the unofficial reset in the linked post. Can you post if it works or not.

I bought it as a 'pre-registered' car from a Non-Renault/Dacia dealer. First registration was in November 2018 so it's over 12 months.

I've booked it into a Dacia dealer for them to poke at it.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts

I bought it as a 'pre-registered' car from a Non-Renault/Dacia dealer. First registration was in November 2018 so it's over 12 months.

You should still have 9 months left on the warranty !
wink.png

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

You should still have 9 months left on the warranty !
wink.png
I thought so. Thank you for your help!
smile.png

1 - 13 of 13 Posts