UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last couple of days I have received 2 emails from [email protected] I have not opened because of an attachment.
Header Dacia Duster and
Subject The Dacia Duster. From 9,495_ my name ( my name = my email name)

Has anybody had similar emails

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Looks like a spammer email marketer

cathariesharpe.com is owned by

Registrant Name: RICHARD SKURNICK
Registrant Organization: TARGETED EMAIL DESIGN
Registrant Street: 8201 PETERS ROAD
Registrant Street: STE 1000
Registrant City: PLANTATION
Registrant State/Province: FL
Registrant Postal Code: 33324

"Targeted Email Design" sounds like "spam".

If you ever tick the "Allow selected companies to send you email" on a form your email address can be sold on to all sorts of spam lists.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May be, bit of a coincidence Its Header was Dacia Duster and the subject included "The Dacia Duster. From 9,495 " and the begining of my name.

Dacia Dusters start from £9,495 so Spam or not it could point to the Dacia site as 9,495 is the price they start from.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you want to frighten yourself , try loading thinkbroadband , i had to load it to give my broadband supplier info on why the speed drops at certain times . It monitors your traffic and speed . A utility on it allows you to see the IP's contacted in the background and the amount of information sent . Absolutely astonished by the sheer number of institutions my computer was contacting . My main problem turned out to be the wifes Facebook sending mega bites of info at certain times in the day . The contacts i did not know about are now blocked on the outgoing firewall . Broadband speed has now increased .

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Nice bit of info must check.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
since checked the ip address catharinesharpe.com 173.232.58.30 which as chris said before this is a marketing hub

IP 173.232.58.30

General IP Information

IP: 73.232.58.30

Decimal: 2917677598

Hostname: mx30.catharinesharpe.com

ISP: Eonix Corporation

Organization:Eonix Corporation

Services: None detected

Type: Corporate

Assignment: Static IP

Geolocation Information

State/Region: Nevada

City: Henderson

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is why I never tick the box for selected companies blah blah blah. I have a look at my spam inbox now and again and it is not unusual to see 250-300 new spam every month. I delete them at the end of the month, so on the 1st a new load starts to come in. If I wanted to wade through more crap, I would work down the sewers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts