UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
By the way.....running in for 1000 miles at 2500 revs or less is going to provoke regenerations of the particle filter, because its higher speeds and higher temperatures that give off less particles.

And if the warning light comes on the advice is to run in at 4000 revs or higher for ten minutes. How do you run it in properly in this case?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Lastly why are not told about this behaviour in the manual or at the handover at the showroom as I can imagine quite a few people getting concerned about it when it happens to them.
When driving, depending on the fuel

grade used, it is possible that white

smoke may be emitted.

This is due to the exhaust particle filter

being cleaned automatically, and does

not affect the way the vehicle runs.

We have this mentioned in the Turkish manual also (Romanian built LHD).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here in Jersey the engine never gets hot, just lots of short runs. My Transit was running badly so I took to the garage and the chap was really good, his suggestion was to 'revv the shit out of it' drive up hill in 2nd even leave a brick on the pedal for a couple of hours. Just get the engine hot!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Here in Jersey the engine never gets hot, just lots of short runs. My Transit was running badly so I took to the garage and the chap was really good, his suggestion was to 'revv the shit out of it' drive up hill in 2nd even leave a brick on the pedal for a couple of hours. Just get the engine hot!
the idea is to rev it up but not to hot up the engine necessarily, the exhaust needs to get hot to the temp that dpf it able to burn out the soot, diesel engines are engines that liked to be reved up, also its better for the turbo which engages around 2500 rev or so, even if u do short runs in diesel change gears around 3000 3500 rev or so it will run better and smoother and it will prevent the turbo to clogged up also

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
the idea is to rev it up but not to hot up the engine necessarily, the exhaust needs to get hot to the temp that dpf it able to burn out the soot, diesel engines are engines that liked to be reved up, also its better for the turbo which engages around 2500 rev or so, even if u do short runs in diesel change gears around 3000 3500 rev or so it will run better and smoother and it will prevent the turbo to clogged up also
THANKS FOR THE TIP.

I now know what to do with the car when I finally get hold of it :)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
even if u do short runs in diesel change gears around 3000 3500 rev or so it will run better and smoother and it will prevent the turbo to clogged up also
Thanks, I drive a deisel van all the time but nearly always on long runs, hints about town driving a car are welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
to be honest i love the whistle the kick and the boost of power of the diesel when the turbo kicks-in every time i change gears, i also do it in my petrol powered dacia, got the speed, but not the same feeling :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes checked that, both the filler cap and the dip stick all clear and as you would expect, well when I say clear the dipstick has oil on it of course!

Strange if it is this DPF thing, I have had two Diesel Meganes before this car and never experienced this behaviour, do the Meganes 1.5 dCi's not have DPF?

The other thing that concerns me is that I do 100+ miles a day to and from work and this weekend I had done a 100mile round trip down the motorway the preceding day so I thought that would have cleared everything out.

Lastly when you say take it for a blast, do you mean put your foot down and rev the engine or is it purely down to length of journey and prolonged engine temp. I say that because I am still not pushing the engine probably peaking the revs at 3,000 revs on gear changes (probably lower in most cases), is this not enough for DPF?

Lastly why are not told about this behaviour in the manual or at the handover at the showroom as I can imagine quite a few people getting concerned about it when it happens to them.
I asked the Renault dealer about the DPF issue, he said that 1·5 dci engine needs a good blast for ten minutes at 50mph approximately every two weeks to clear it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there .

Im an owner of a 2020 Dacia Duster 2, 110 DCI 4WD. 110 000 on the odometr now. I have the same symptoms for a couple of weeks and I can't find an explanation. No console sign no power loss, No error after diagnosis, No result after Decarbonization operation with hydrogen. I'm really confused and I reply here now, trying to see if someone who have had the problem and arrive to solve it. Your answer will surly help me.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts