UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all!
Put Supaguard on the Duster last week and very happy with the results again.
One problem, I managed to get any white 'overspill' off the black trim all around the car other than the smoother black trim where the Duster lettering is in silver.
Just about to wash the car, I know its been covered before a few times but is there anything I might have hanging around in the house to tidy it up?
Cheers
Truth

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
No I am deadly serious it works perfectly just like magic, the white marks will disappear right in front of your eyes, unlike back to black that is far more expensive and the white mark is sure to return....

Then if you have a home bargains store near you pop in there and get a bottle of Black Shine Restorer for 99p, Follow the simple instructions on the bottle, This stuff does your tyres and all your external plastic trim... It comes in a 750ml trigger spray ( a glossy black bottle, A black label with a picture of a wheel on it and white writing ) made by Astonish Car Care.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Just an off-the-wall suggestion - would one of those "JML Magic Erasers" you see in the garden centres and homeware stores be suitable for this?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Just an off-the-wall suggestion - would one of those "JML Magic Erasers" you see in the garden centres and homeware stores be suitable for this?
Yea that would prob do the job also, but a basic old rubber will do the job no prob that's what I use to effetely remove the white bits of my trim. Its surprising how quickly and easily it does the job

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yea that would prob do the job also, but a basic old rubber will do the job no prob that's what I use to effetely remove the white bits of my trim. Its surprising how quickly and easily it does the job
Blue tac slightly damp, it'll shift anything, within reason ;-)
Thanks for the tips. White overspill when polishing has always been a bugbear of mine. My "solution" was always to polish the metal, then go over the black bits with Autoglym trim cleaner - but as Nessi says, it always comes back once the black coating wears off.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ! My oldest daughter will be gutted when all of her rubbers go missing though!! Lol

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Cor blimey Nessi! The rubber eraser trick worked !
Cheers
Yea the simple solutions are always the best.... Just a quick rub and the marks are gone for good... A simple very effective way to clean the marks from your trim... Its cheaper and far more effective than product that just covers it for while until it shows through again.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
AND it works on the silver plastic sill trim too! ;)
This is a great little tip
Cheers

Your Welcome, I love simple things that make difficult tasks simple..

The question now is.... Are you going to buy your own or continue to steal them from your kids school bags lol...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts