UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I noticed a heavy knocking coming from the back of the car (300 miles on the clock) so took it into Benfield Motors this morning where it transpires that they hadnt slotted the left hand rear spring into its retaining cup properly during manufacture.

Benfield fixed it in an hour and I am back on the road and no worse for the experience - still a bit worrying regards quality control at the Indian end of things.

Doug

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi

I noticed a heavy knocking coming from the back of the car (300 miles on the clock) so took it into Benfield Motors this morning where it transpires that they hadnt slotted the left hand rear spring into its retaining cup properly during manufacture.

Benfield fixed it in an hour and I am back on the road and no worse for the experience - still a bit worrying regards quality control at the Indian end of things.

Doug
These type of thing are genuine mistakes that should be ironed out,not a fundimental fault with the Duster,thankfully.

Thanks for sharing though and its worth looking out for... glad it worked out ok

·
Registered
95 Posts
More and more reports about the awful construction and non existent quality control in India.

Its not good enough.

Maybe Dacia need to consider putting a RHD Duster line in at the Romanian plant?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
More and more reports about the awful construction and non existent quality control in India.

Its not good enough.

Maybe Dacia need to consider putting a RHD Duster line in at the Romanian plant?
the reason that didnt happen was they build one for logan sedan and mcv sandero and stepway and there is not more physical space for the duster rhd line without building a new factory and the all the things that came with it

they didnt build one for the duster cause there was one in india already producing rhd dusters and just boosted up the numbers of cars being produced

and they already were building a new factory in morocco, which produces the new models dacia lodgy dokker and dokker van, these ones are the first dacias models ever being produces exclusively outside romania in the brand history (since 1966) ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts