UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our one year old Sandero has come up with a tyre pressure light and the zig zaggy system warning light on dash-board, I checked tyres , they were spot on..did the gas peddle/ three break pumps trick and off went the tyre pressure warning ..but the system warning still persists.

Funny thing is ,that this "get straight to a dealer" warning has happened exactly to the day, one year on from when we bought the car from new.We haven`t had time to get it in for its service, family issues and we have a holiday next week...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kenny.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi same thing happened to me but not tyre pressure light.The service warning comes on first(car and spanner)then the orange zigzag.The dealer will reset after the service.The old way to reset does not work from 17plate vehicles.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi same thing happened to me but not tyre pressure light.The service warning comes on first(car and spanner)then the orange zigzag.The dealer will reset after the service.The old way to reset does not work from 17plate vehicles.
Blueray I can't find any miles to service countdown on the push button computer read out. I've an 18plate Stepway Summit. Both My previous Stepways had this information on the read out, do you or anyone out there know if things have changed. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same problem on an almost exactly 1 year old Sondaro Ambience, how does one reset this light?

It started out as a tyre pressure warning, reset that an now I'm stuck with this light on.

What is it actually pointing to as a fault? Please don't say electrical and go to a garage I like to know what's wrong with my cars before I go to a garage.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,809 Posts
Electrical and go to a garage!

Seriously unless you want to investigate the dark arts of ddt4all and PyRen there is no way and even then I have not found anything specific to turning that warning light off (German, Polish, French and Russian forums seem to know most on the subject).

The warning light is turned on by a software command over the CANBUS. The software is not in the public domain and only Dacia/Renault dealers can officially access all the codes and clear that light.

Luckily you have your warranty.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
So there may or may not be an error code. The official Renault CanClip can read codes a generic code reader can not. It still doesn't change the fact that the question has been asked many times, independent garages have been unable to reset it, the only successful way reported has been to take it to a dealer.

This appears to have been introduced at the time of the facelift. If you find a way please post it as a lot of people would like to know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So this is just a marketing ploy to force their customers to have their car serviced by Dacia I assume, really bad practice, wont buy another car from them in future if that's the case.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Whether it is intentional or a software bug that appears to be the case. Does the Ambiance now have the service interval indicator?

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a service indication on the LCD with a car and a spanner but this seems to also include the square box with zig-zag light indicator.

This sounds like anti-competitive behaviour to me and I definitely wouldn't have bought a car with this feature if I'd known about it. I think any indicator light on the dashboard is an MOT failure in the UK so this is completely unacceptable.

I hope this is monitored by Dacia and I would love a Dacia representative to contact me and explain how they can maintain this position.

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
There is a service indication on the LCD with a car and a spanner but this seems to also include the square box with zig-zag light indicator.

This sounds like anti-competitive behaviour to me and I definitely wouldn't have bought a car with this feature if I'd known about it. I think any indicator light on the dashboard is an MOT failure in the UK so this is completely unacceptable.

I hope this is monitored by Dacia and I would love a Dacia representative to contact me and explain how they can maintain this position.
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that warning lamps like "Low brake pads" "Tpms" and "Oil change" had to be owner resetable, according to EU (who are they !) rules.
icon_e_confused.gif

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
Copied & pasted from the WWW:-

The UK MOT test now includes a 'Malfunction Indicator Lamp' check. The examiner is now required to visually check that warning lights for safety restraint systems, electronic stability control, tyre pressure monitoring systems and anti-lock braking systems are not permanently illuminated.

Will a car fail MOT if service light is on?
Unlike other dashboard lights, a car's 'service interval indicator' being on will not cause the car to fail its MOT, it is primarily meant just as a reminder for you to ensure that your car gets its annual maintenance. ;)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Posts on foreign forums state you can reset the light with ddt4all or "Chinese clone Can Clips" though I haven't found one with specific instructions as to where the reset is in the menus.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Tried on my car and it connected but nothing more as the on board computer is deactivated on my early car.

I have one of these which has the PIC18F25K80 microcontroller which is usually recommended.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Vgate-ELM327-OBD2-Bluetooth-V1-5-Scanner-Auto-Diagnostic-Adapter-Scan-Tool/113525849190?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D0fba678f22a04ae5a8e72f02403755dc%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D113525849190%26itm%3D113525849190&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

This could well be developed from ddt4all as that is open source and has been used to create plug-ins for Torque Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have had this same problem. First the service light came on then about 3 weeks later the electrical light came on.So I ask my local Halfords if they could turn it off, they could turn off the service light but not the elec. light .So I booked a service at a Dacia dealer first service £148.I tolled them about the light and was told it could be on because of the service light .but could also be something else.They had to contact PARIS to get a patch to put this light out. Luck for me this was done at no cost to me.But I did not get an answer as to why it came on in the first place.My Sandero has 2350 miles on the clock.It was also 4 months over due its annual service.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
This has been a problem since the facelift. It is triggered by mileage or time. You can reset it yourself see:

https://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/35762-service-warning-lamp/

There are 4 packages, ddt4all (android Ecu-tweaker ) and PyRen ( android PyClip ). They will show the current set values and let you change or reset them.

That the dealer had to contact Paris suggests incompetence.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts