UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I have problem or not.

The temperature gauge on my Duster Lauréate dCi 110 4x2 is showing four bars when driving on long runs when it just showed two bars. I have now done nearly 7000 miles. The coolant is half way between high and low.

Is this normal.

·
Registered
136 Posts
On my 4x4 110 hasn't gone above 2 bars so far. No matter what I'm doing long runs & short

Sent from my HTC Desire S using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine tends to hover around two bars, but increases when doing more stop starts.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I noticed a blip once, but 2 bars is definitely my norm' reading. Have you noticed improved fuel economy by any chance? :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was always 2 bars but once on the motorway 60 miles it goes up to 4 bars. The strange thing is when I come off the motorway and have to drive UP the slipway and stop at traffic lights it reverts to 2 bars.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
My fuel economy never seems to change from about 44 mpg on 300 miles a week with 200 plus on motorways.
Well that doesn't sound too bad (assuming you are pushing on at motorway speeds). However, I asked about mpg (at supposedly higher running temp') in case you were still checking your mpg per trip and might have noticed a difference running at a higher temp'. (However, at 7k miles, I guess you are probably not doing that as long as your average is OK.)

To Euro Duster cousins: Can't remember whether I've asked this before, but do yours show only 2 temperature bars as the norm?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just had my Duster in for a leak in roof which turned out to be the aerial. Cured with sealant.

Also asked about the temperature gauge showing four bars when driving on long runs when it just showed two bars.

The garage said it was normal for it to be 4 or 5 bars, which I took with a pinch of salt as he also said it was now getting hotter!!!

When I drove home 88 miles 78 of those M1 and M25 it never went above 2 bars, strange.

I also asked about some welds in the engine area above the wheel arches that are showing light orange through the grey paint. They said these were normal. I will post a picture tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
had my duster for nearly a year now,never been above two bars what ever the weather,heater works well in the winter,l think its the norm.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My euro Duster 1.5 dci normally runs on 2 blobs, Once or twice it's got up to 4 but not often.

When you consider summer temps of up to 40c then 2 blobs doesn't seem a lot. What the actual engine temp is I don't know although car temp gauges are not linear and I doubt 2 will read the same anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
If you have the ODBII dongle and a smartphone app it will tell you what the actual engine temperature is.

You can also get it to announce when the engine has reached operating temperature.

·
Banned
30 Posts
just had my Duster in for a leak in roof which turned out to be the aerial. Cured with sealant.

Also asked about the temperature gauge showing four bars when driving on long runs when it just showed two bars.

The garage said it was normal for it to be 4 or 5 bars, which I took with a pinch of salt as he also said it was now getting hotter!!!

When I drove home 88 miles 78 of those M1 and M25 it never went above 2 bars, strange.

I also asked about some welds in the engine area above the wheel arches that are showing light orange through the grey paint. They said these were normal. I will post a picture tomorrow. :(
That is rust, normal for a Duster, but unwanted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts