UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone who's waiting for delivery on a Duster been tempted to change their order for a Stepway? I've not even thought about one before, but I got the brochure on them yesterday, & it's a hell of a lot of car for the money, & the thing is, they do look really good; a rugged baby Duster. I'm seriously thinking of car No2... Keep being informed by the dealar that prices will be going up around September. Anyone else heard that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean, they do look really good. Personally, I think you could be looking at a future French icon. Not every one liked the old 2cv, but I owned a couple of them in my student days & loved them. Crap to drive mind... Even though I'm an old fart now, I still like a bit of French chic! By the way, have you orderd one?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I know what you mean, they do look really good. Personally, I think you could be looking at a future French icon. Not every one liked the old 2cv, but I owned a couple of them in my student days & loved them. Crap to drive mind... Even though I'm an old fart now, I still like a bit of French chic! By the way, have you orderd one?
Nope, I don't drive because I offten get car sick and don't wanna pass out at the weel. I droped around here because a British friend wanted a Duster and asked me what I konw about the car because he tought I am a walking enciclopedia about Dacia, beeing Romanian (Dacia is a Romanian car manufacturer). I had to do some research for him, but in the end he bought an used Yeti and left me alone around here. :lol: I'll make him pay me back sometime, if I'll be back in UK. But on the good side I learned alot about the Dacia models. :lol:

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Hi Waldo,

I am very tempted by the Stepway, not a fan of the Duster as I think its just a bit too big for us, although we are a family now, i think upgrading from a 3 door Ford Fiesta to a Duster would be too much of a shock.

I haven't been told anything about price increases come September, but there are some people who work in dealership within this forum that might be able to shed some light on that.

I have not yet pre-ordered, for 3 reasons:

1, I need to test drive it first, to make sure we like it. Even though the deposit is refundable, not that fond of ordering something and then backing out once it arrives because i don't like it. i'd feel too guilty :(

2, After seeking plenty of advice within this forum we have decided to buy out right no finance and we won't have all of the money til til Jul/Aug,

3, Can't decide on the colour, Silver or Black, decisions decisions

So come end of May/Jun, test drive goes ok, we will be ordering then. I'm so excited

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Hi Waldo, there is a guy called HoldenDacia who says metallic paint on the Stepway is going to cost £495 from tomorrow. Although the mercury silver is still free.

Check out his post. I asked him about the possibility of a price increase in September, watch this space.

I think his post has helped sort out my dilemma of silver or black lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Personally, I think the black makes it look that bit more exclusive! You're right about prices, there not going to stay at that price for long. Over here on the Isle of wight, the dealer has already taken 8 orders, & no one has even test drove one!
Did you know you can buy 3 of them for the price of the new Toyota Rav! Yeah, you are going to get the car-snobs, but while they're paying 500quid a month for a car they'll never own, you'll be sitting pretty... The only thing is, like you, I'd like to test drive one first. Anyway, take care... Black or Silver eh? What a problem!

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
There is no word of a price increase yet, but to be honest we dont get a huge amount of notice, only a couple of weeks at best.

The above is from member HoldenDacia.

I am going to pre order today. And I will be opting for black after all. Nothing like hearing a particular colour will cost extra for a decision to be finalised (lol). As we plan on keeping the car for the next 7-10 years we thought bargain and we'll save on not paying anyone 10% apr.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have ordered a Sandero Ambiance @ £6595. I'm on a tight budget so it's the best option for me,plus there is a longer wait.

Saying that, I ordered March 1st and have been told delivery in late June. (was April/May)

Pound for Pound the Stepway @ £7995 is much better value.

For starters it comes with the TCi engine and you get a choice of colours (both extra on the Sandero) Plus you get better upholstery, wheels and fog lights.

I'd say go for the Stepway and get in quick before the prices go up as predicted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts