UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I Am going for a test drive of the Logan dci and duster dci today, from Griffin Mill in South Wales.any areas I need to be aware of? Always had petrol cars in the past so This will be my first diesel????
Saw the new prime Logan and really liked the look of it
Thanks for reading
Jon.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Just be aware that to get the best out of a deisel change gear much sooner, 3000 rpm would be a guideline if you are being racy, 2500 if not. The Logan suffers from a little booming while not run in, the gears are longer so where in a petrol you might expect to be in fourth you'll be in third. Once you get used to both those things it should be quiet.

Brakes are exceptionally good. Handling is good but the Logan is a long car sprung for comfort so expect a little pitch and yaw if you push it too far over an unexpected bump.

Only niggle I've had so far is the rear seat belt holder on the interior roof is weakly magnetised.

Turn the eco button off if its on, otherwise you'll think the car is a little gutless.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

I only have experience of the 2wd Duster diesel, but have found it a relaxing drive, if a little noisy around town.

Once on the open road engine noise isn't an issue.6th gear is geared for 27.5 mph per 1k revs on the 2wd Duster.

As said, let the torque of the engine do the work and change up earlier than you would in a high revving petrol motor.

Apparently the 4wd Duster drives quite differently and is more geared for off road use and quite a bit heavier too!

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts