UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rang my insurance company today to enquire if there would be any increase in costs for the wheel spacer mod, they went through what I had on the car. towbar, rub strips, boot protector, tints.....hang on sir we don't have tinted windows on here (could have sworn that I had as I'm anal about such things). Guy then says my currently insurer wont cover any modifications, hang on what about the towbar and everything else, 'they don't count'.

And he then adds please don't use your car as you are now uninsured, however let me check if we can get you insurance elsewhere. Yes sir I can get you insurance however it will go up from £21 per month to........wait for it........£51 per month!!!!

Needless to say I got straight online and found Admiral would do it for £23 per month with the towbar, tints etc (by this time I'd forgotten about the spacers!). Did instant cover and rang RAC back, ok they say so £18 outstanding for cover upto today.......oh and a £55 cancelation fee!!! When I queried but you have cancelled the policy they stated but we offered you insurance elsewhere.

I went freaking MENTAL, thieving robbing b*****ds and I suggested that they should start wearing masks so they look like said robbing B's. The lady was very sweet despite this and went away to see if it could be waived, nope but £25 instead of £55, she then put it all into her system and the computer calculated £9 to pay......don't ask me how and the lady was confused too but she said that was the price her system told her to collect.

So folks please double check and triple check your insurance, that could have been very costly if Dave had taken a knock or I'd been stopped by my old work colleagues :(

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

omg,....i can't believe that a towbar...which is attached etc etc is ok......

but "tints"....which you can peel off if need be...invalidate....!

thats bonkers and back to front

:ph34r: :ph34r: thieving b££$%ds indeed :ph34r: :ph34r:

george is angry on dave's behalf :angry:

DM x

·
Registered
17 Posts
My car has factory fitted tinting on the rear. A standard option, if you see what I mean. Several insurers wouldn't touch it. Interestingly, until recently they were standard fit on the car, not an option!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts