2) Blogging

So lets see how both go.

The Adventures of Dave the Dacia

Why Dave??

Well everyone has a mate called Dave.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Dave is excited..scampering around the forecourt...spruced up and shiney...and excited to be going home at last :D :D :D

Silvery silver is the shiniest !

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I finally have Dave home, 100 mile journey with a mix of London, town, country and motorway driving, have to do 900 miles running in so haven't had a chance to really stretch his legs as you can't go about 2000 rpm and bearing in mind the engine will loosen up too, I managed 58 mpg.

So where did we go........

Firstly was our little stop near Merton.

IMG_3967.JPG

IMG_3976.JPG

Then we headed down to Brooklands, slightly disappointed as you used to be able to get onto a small section of the banking, but they have put bollards up now preventing it, so we settled for this shot instead.

IMG_3978.JPG

And so to the journey home back cross country to Runnymede for a shot by the Thames with the beautiful Runnymede Memorial up high on the hill behind.

IMG_3979.JPG

Unfortunately the weather took a turn for the worse so I decided to head back through Windsor and via White Waltham Airfield.

IMG_3986.JPG

So back home now, relaxing for the moment, before contemplating tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So woke up this morning and it is horrible, wet and damp, so between showers I've fitted a few of the bits and pieces that I have ordered following various recommendations on DaciaForum

So the first job was fitting a bonnet rubber.

Before:

rubber+before.jpg

After:

rubber+after.jpg

Then a small but simple thing, not only cosmetic but also prevents water sitting in the strut top.

Before:

Strut+before.jpg

After:

Strut+after.jpg

So the choice for car mats was genuine Dacia ones at £35 and a 4 month wait!! or aftermarket ones for £12, they are custom cut with all the correct locking clips, so thought I'd give them a go.

mats.jpg

And finally for this morning the obligatory PistonHeads PH Smiley.

Smiley.jpg

That's it for the moment, now got to spend a few hours on the 'old' car, getting it ready for selling.

Hope you are enjoying my adventures with Dave and if the weather clears up later we will head off for another drive.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i like the strut caps, have you got a link for them?
I got the heads up for them from Chunky Monkey, here's the link but they look like they are sold out for the moment.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that.......

The Fiat ones are out of stock, but the new ford ka is the same, so just ordered these!

New Shape Ford KA Top Shock Absorber Mount Nut Cover Caps New + Genuine 51938656

http://bit.ly/ZaHRCk

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App
I did wonder when I saw FoMoCo on it Ford Motor Company

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're not big and you're not clever

Popped into my local Dacia dealer today and the Evoque was parked up for sale. I can imagine the conversation while I was inside.....
Dave: Your not much bigger than me.
Evoque: Hmmm but I'm a Range Rover.
Dave: How much do you cost to tax?
Evoque: £260 per annum, but I'm a Range Rover.
Dave: Oh I cost £20. How much mpg do you do?
Evoque: 36 mpg, but I'm a Range Rover.
Dave: Oh I do 78 mpg. How much do you cost?
Evoque: £36,000....but I'm a Range Rover.
Dave: Oh so someone could have three of me.
Evoque: But I'm a Range Rover.
Dave: But I have an owner and yours must have traded you in for something better.
Evoque: Humpf
Could have sworn Dave was chuckling as we left.

IMAG0673.jpg

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for that.......
The Fiat ones are out of stock, but the new ford ka is the same, so just ordered these!
New Shape Ford KA Top Shock Absorber Mount Nut Cover Caps New + Genuine 51938656http://bit.ly/ZaHRCk
It a cracking little cheap upgrade,which covers up those ugly looking strut tops,I bought them originally for my panda 100hp,which was sold to go towards my stepway,I'm just glad I removed them before the little panda went to its new owner!
Just a little tip for you Geraint,before you fit them,just spray a bit of WD40 of GT85 onto the strut top,this will prevent any moisture underneath causing any future rust issues....
Regards,
CM.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Manflu and Wonderbra

Well after having three days laid up in bed with manflu, me I hasten to add not Dave, it was nice to have a couple of parcels delivered today.

Firstly a plastic bootliner, which when I opened it seemed a little flimsy, but once put in place was a perfect fit and sat nice and tight in the boot area, was made even better by the fact it came with a nice custom fit carpet, all in all not bad for £32.99 (ebay link here)

bootliner.jpg

The second package came all the way from Germany and I have to say I was very impressed with the speed of delivery, better than some companies here in the UK.

So what was it?

A bra for Dave, don't worry it's nothing to do with man boobs, just there to protect that bonnet from bouncing debris when I'm driving around. I have seen a picture previously of a white French Stepway with one fitted and the photo on the eBay advert but was still unsure what it would look like in real life.

I think it's going to be a very Marmite thing, either love it or loathe it, however now I've fitted it, I think it looks one hundred times better than in the photos. It is held in place eight small hooks on elastic straps and is nicely lined with a soft velvet like lining to protect the bodywork. Probably the most expensive add on to date at £45.90 (ebay link here)

bra+1.jpg

bra+3.jpg

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On a serious note.....will you need to remove daves bra when he has a bath so that all the dirt on the top half of his chest doesn't get under the bra and rub daves moobs?

When I read through the instructions I thought that was going to be a pain, but only takes 5 minutes to fit

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Towbar Pt 1

So Saturday morning was taken up with a drive to SMC Aldershot to collect the towbar that had been ordered in for me. Unfortunately Karl wasn't working so wasn't able to meet him, have to say he really is a top bloke, fantastic customer service and of course the DaciaForum parts discount was an added bonus.........also picked up a Dacia keyring.

SMC+Aldershot.jpg

A nice scenic drive back via The Lookout near Bracknell, and another quick photo this time with Albert the Cairn, who seems to like Dave, the windows are all the right height to see out of.

dave+n+albert.jpg

And then later that evening a lovely long walk by the side of the Thames at Hurley, unfortunately Dave had to wait behind, but found a nice secluded spot to listen to the church bells.

dave+at+Hurley.jpg

Oh yeah and remember the Pistonheads Smiley sticker on the back bumper, well the PH local forum Thames Valley & Surrey runs a 'spotted' thread and during his travels on Saturday he got his first 'PH Spot', made Dave's weekend.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The more I see Dave's bra the more tempted I am to get one for my stepway...... Hmmmmm
Are those 2 lumps magnets or weights or air deflectors, most car bras have then so probably a way to stop your bra flapping??
Me thinks I'm gonna have to place an order too! They look good on the white stepway (the best colour,lol!)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The more I see Dave's bra the more tempted I am to get one for my stepway...... Hmmmmm

Are those 2 lumps magnets or weights or air deflectors, most car bras have then so probably a way to stop your bra flapping??

They are little hollow solid pyramids, not only do they stop it flapping with the weight, but I wonder if they deflect any debris upwards

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Early start

A quick visit to Bourne End marina after taking Albert for an early walk.

Better get used to the Thames Dave, you will be seeing lots of it during the summer.

IMAG0021.jpg
Dave's first bike ride
Just arrived at Black Park near Pinewood Studios for a ride out, the cycle rack fits great and very secure​

IMAG0022.jpg

1 - 20 of 118 Posts