UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

My Logan has done 82000 now as a taxi. Apart from the bone juddering and bouncy suspension I have had no other problems with my car.... apart from the light and indicator stalk.

Twice it was changed under warranty when it was faulty. The 3rd time Dacia paid 80% towards the cost when it was out of warranty. It failed again two days ago after less than 15000 miles. It was replaced again yesterday and that one is not working.

One fault with the car and it happens to be a common recurring one. As mine is a taxi it has ruined my bank holiday weekend.

·
Registered
258 Posts
A taxi driver and you use the indicators?

Only joking. It seems strange you have had so many fail when other drivers seem to never have a fault. Guess its down to usage but its not a good sign for the parts. I can't believe this stalk is only used in Dacia and not in any Renaults.

·
Registered
841 Posts
"Apart from the bone juddering and bouncy suspension"

The Logan is usually noted for its supple, comfortable ride. Could you have a suspension fault or broken spring which is vibrating your car to pieces?

Having four headlight switches fail seems very odd.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've driven a Stepway for 60000 miles and now my Logan for nearly 90000 miles. The suspension really is atrocious but I guess that's part of the reason why it is so cheap with the electro-mechanical suspension.

·
Registered
841 Posts
"The suspension really is atrocious but I guess that's part of the reason why it is so cheap with the electro-mechanical suspension."

It's a funny thing. I drove three passengers for 200 miles yesterday, and the all commented on how comfortable the car was. I've got Continental Eco-Contacts on the car at 32 psi.

Although I haven't driven around Barnsley.

Which bits of the suspension are 'electro-mechanical?'

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, new to the forum, I have got a problem with my 16 plate Logan, the indicators sometimes wont wort, hazards do though. If i pull over and then turn off the cars then start the car again they start to work again. Is this similar to your problem with faulty stalks? Or has anyone heard of this problem on any of the Dacia models?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The stalk problem is caused by the long time used day lights, we experience the same issue here and the only solution we found was to remove the day light bulbs ( for taxis ) :) . it sounds weird I agree but instead of keep paying for the stalk.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,755 Posts
The stalk problem is caused by the long time used day lights, we experience the same issue here and the only solution we found was to remove the day light bulbs ( for taxis ) :) . it sounds weird I agree but instead of keep paying for the stalk.
I think you will find the wiring in the stalk is not physically connected to the bulbs but is via the Canbus probably via the UCH module. It would not be an option in the UK as while it is not compulsory to have day lights if they are manufacturer fitted (new models since 2012) they have to work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you will find the wiring in the stalk is not physically connected to the bulbs but is via the Canbus probably via the UCH module. It would not be an option in the UK as while it is not compulsory to have day lights if they are manufacturer fitted (new models since 2012) they have to work.
It's connected Daedalus, all working fine with the switch stalk , obviously it's different in yout country because of different law

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had this same issue twice now. First time it was the lights that were dodgy but if you wiggled the stalk they'd come on. Now it's the horn. If you took apart the stalk you can see where the wire is frayed and contact isn't being made properly.

Seems like a bad design but the new Logan MCV/Sandero seem to have the horn in the centre of the steering wheel where it belongs.

In any case I'll probably have to fork out for another indicator stalk or figure out how to reinforce the wiring in my current one.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Maybe you could increase the gauge or double up to create redundancy if you have enough room. Do you have an image of the dismantled stalk?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it an easy job to change the stalk?
Mine has been replaced twice at the dealer, and is now playing up again. The lights go off full beam by themselves.
I have a spare and just need to install it. Anyone changed one as a diy?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Several people have replaced it and also repaired it. It is usually a fatigue fracture of a wire.

There are three Torx screws on the underside of the column shroud. When removed the column shroud can be split in two and the stalk is held in by screws.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts