UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right Guys and Gals,

After recent negative talk about The Duster (some of which is warranted by the way) I would like to start a discussion from all of us that have our Dusters and to show really how happy we are with our new purchase.

I honestly think (and this post will correct me if I'm wrong) that 99.9% of Duster(Dacia) owners are extremely happy with their Dusters and have no issues at all. I personally know 6 people have a Duster and every one of them is delighted!

I would even go beyond the point that (and I have owned numerous cars in my time - VW, Audi, Subaru, Opel/Vauxhall, Hyundai, Ford, Alfa) that the enjoyment I get when driving My Duster - name still yet to be decided! :D ) it is the most pleasurable drive I have had out of nearly all my cars and I really look forward to getting into it every day.

I (and like many others) have had zero issues with our cars, I'm getting great fuel economy, pay low tax, low insurance and have a family that enjoy the comfort and fun that the Duster brings. It does have it's quirks but those are the little things that add to this motor personality and makes it different to the rest. It tends to make you drive more carefully, it feels solid, it's old school and wants to get you to your destination without any fuss!

No, I certainly don't work for any car company and unfortunately not a member of the Dacia Project team, as I would certainly be knocking a few heads together re their customer service/communication/time management, etc but for those "very patiently" waiting (like we all had to endure) you should really hang in there and I guarantee you will be delighted from the moment you sit in this car and what value for money you really are getting. In fact I like it so much I would even consider purchasing a second one once my wife's car is up for renewal, so can endorse it no better than that!

Anyway just thought I'd get a more positive vibe going for those either about to purchase or those thinking about purchasing/cancelling (don't do it!) that this is a car that is well established across Europe, very reliable and a joy to drive.

I feel like I am like the "big brother" to my Duster. Over protective and not wanting anyone to say a bad word but that's just what happens when you get the keys finally in your hands! :wub: :p

Not in anyway taking away from those having issues (as I would be peed off too) but still think their is more positive than negative and we need to spread the word a bit more!

Anyone else as weird as me??

Happy driving/waiting/cancelling (whatever you decide to do!)

Marty.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Right Guys and Gals,

After recent negative talk about The Duster (some oft a discussion from all of us that have our Dusters and to show really how happy we are with our new purchase.

I honestly think (and this post will correct me if I'm wrong) that 99.9% of Duster(Dacia) owners are extremely happy with their Dusters and have no issues at all. I personally know 6 people have a Duster and every one of them is delighted!

I would even go beyond the point that (and I have owned numerous cars in my time - VW, Audi, Subaru, Opel/Vauxhall, Hyundai, Ford, Alfa) that the enjoyment I get when driving My Duster - name still yet to be decided! :D ) it is the most pleasurable drive I have had out of nearly all my cars and I really look forward to getting into it every day.

I (and like many others) have had zero issues with our cars, I'm getting great fuel economy, pay low tax, low insurance and have a family that enjoy the comfort and fun that the Duster brings. It does have it's quirks but those are the little things that add to this motor personality and makes it different to the rest. It tends to make you drive more carefully, it feels solid, it's old school and wants to get you to your destination without any fuss!

No, I certainly don't work for any car company and unfortunately not a member of the Dacia Project team, as I would certainly be knocking a few heads together re their customer service/communication/time management, etc but for those "very patiently" waiting (like we all had to endure) you should really hang in there and I guarantee you will be delighted from the moment you sit in this car and what value for money you really are getting. In fact I like it so much I would even consider purchasing a second one once my wife's car is up for renewal, so can endorse it no better than that!

Anyway just thought I'd get a more positive vibe going for those either about to purchase or those thinking about purchasing/cancelling (don't do it!) that this is a car that is well established across Europe, very reliable and a joy to drive.

I feel like I am like the "big brother" to my Duster. Over protective and not wanting anyone to say a bad word but that's just what happens when you get the keys finally in your hands! :wub: :p

Not in anyway taking away from those having issues (as I would be peed off too) but still think their is more positive than negative and we need to spread the word a bit more!

Anyone else as weird as me??

Happy driving/waiting/cancelling (whatever you decide to do!)

Marty.
Hi Marty like you I have owned many cars..and like you I am loving the Driving experiece of back to basic of driving... and enjoying it immensily... no problems with the car... very happy.. yes, would recommend the Duster.

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
On a positive note, I cannot comment because I haven't got a duster yet :)

Reactions: Bex

·
Registered
170 Posts
I do, and in my other post 'First long drive' i mention how happy i am with mine,(read wife's!!) .Now with all the bits fitted (just tints to do...20%) it's on a par /if not as good as my top of the range Yeti i traded in for it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Marty like you I have owned many cars..and like you I am loving the Driving experiece of back to basic of driving... and enjoying it immensily... no problems with the car... very happy.. yes, would recommend the Duster.
100% agree great car and worth every penny. Great service from the garage and CS phoned me back when they said they would. So lets sell the car, why have the French and Swiss police choice them to use. They would of looked at them very closely. Also the build possess will be the same at any plant in the world used by that manufacturer. They make the Nissan mica in the same plant. Modern production allows you to have multiple models and makes go down the line to keep costs down.

Once again GREAT CAR.

·
Registered
154 Posts
One of the guys at work has a brand new Kia sportage 1.7. - about a week younger than my duster.

Back seat space on the Duster is better - seats are not as high up - big callout for him as he has a smallie to put in/out to carseat.

Back window on Sportage is tiny - like a Range rover Evoque......definitely no room for a forum sticker :p

Doors on sportage are a lot heavier than the Duster - presume this translates in terms of overall car weight.

Cabin/Dash finish looked comparable.

Lights are way nicer on the sportage.

My 5 year unlimited mileage warranty beats his 7 year 150KM limit warranty as we both do a lot of miles.

Sportage looks good - Duster looks good.

Sportage cost him 10k more to buy than my Duster.

Prefer to have the 10K left over to put towards her indoors upgrade at some stage.

Yes - happy with my Duster!

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
I did mean her indoors car upgrade......honest......but now you've gotten me thinking Knocker888!!! ( see what I did - just implicated you ) :D
Don't spend money on silicon :) Get a set of winter wheels for your duster :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Must admit I've had no real issues either. Just to bring it back to get the brakes checked. Oh, I changed the wipers too but did not feel the need to bring it to the dealers attention.

I love my Duster too and find it a very relaxing car to drive. I now find the Vectra a very low car to drive in comparison to the Duster and the ability to see around most traffic is great. It really does encourage a different driving style.

The vectra is now only used for the Creche run and other minor trips ... I'm already thinking of swapping ita for an Alpha (159) but will have to see how the finances will tolerate that and of course more importantly the "Boss" ... ;) .

Reactions: Bandit

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I love my Duster too and find it a very relaxing car to drive. I now find the Vectra a very low car to drive in comparison to the Duster and the ability to see around most traffic is great. It really does encourage a different driving style.
Even though I've had mine for just under week (and I know I've got to keep the revs down for a while) this is something I've noticed. My driving style is more relaxed and less hurried. Great fun, very refined ride, and I just love getting in it every day.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mine has been in my hands two months today and I'm as pleased with it now as I was when I picked it up. It is definitely the best car I have ever owned and it's the fourteenth (I think!) and is the seventh brand new vehicle. I love the ride, the solidness, the seating, the boot size, the design (nicer than the Juke or Quashqia), the colour (my second white car) and most of all I love the price!

I do miss all the storage space of my Citroen Berlingo though!

·
Registered
182 Posts
where to love [can you love a ?car]myduster.well it seems like lots of you l've owned loads of new cars[it may be strange but the four four smart car was one of the best , so miss understood] and l don 't love it.............but l never thought l'd have a car of this size on my drive [snob value!]and still so few peiole know about it [double snob value]and yes your right ,it has character.its grounded and reminds me do l want it or do l need it,

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread, too much criticising going on, having lots of fun with my lovely Duster.The only good thing about the whingeing is that if less people buy them, then they remain exclusive. I just get so excited when I spot another one and I would hate to lose that feeling.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
:wub: I love my Duster that's called George ! Best car I've ever had.....used to be a geologist in the outback of Oz drilling and hunting for gold....no seriously I really did, and so have driven Hilux's, land rovers, land cruisers, all of the clapped out and rust bucket variety! I've worked in large mines and quarries and driven 100 tonne dumpers....yes they are as good as they look to drive, totally automatic and about 35 gears......and even though my car history is plagued by true shockers including an old datsun cherry estate in metallic red, and a rust bucket mitsubishi in SoCal that would never have passed an MOT had they been required in california at all.......! Citroens, renault, ford, vauxhall, mini, another datsun, and the designated driver that drove the 17 seater minibus on geology fieldtrips whilst at various uni's round the world.

And yet .... the islands that make up the UK, are far more stunning and glorious than any of us truly realise, and the mountains, the valleys and the forests, our wonderful wild places, are why I eventually realised that our home is truly beautiful.....

Now I have a car that will take me to all the places I want to go to, with the knowledge that it'll get me back again, and I've bagged a bargain to boot thats also eco friendly.....

I LOVE IT......... :wub: yay !!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I really like my Duster.. Why, because they are a good practical no nonsense car that is economical, rugged and handsome looking (personal opinion), excellently priced, comfortable, great power through the range, Eco friendly with excellent fuel economy,

To sum up and quote Rchard Hammond...

"Toffs, and sensible people like us, will buy the Duster because it beats the system"

"A terrifically good value SUV that's spacious, rugged, drives really rather well and doesn't empty your pocket with a load of kit that you don't really need"

Think that covers most of the reasons why I really believe that the Duster is a really good car!

And it brings a big grin o my face every time I find a reason o take it out for a drive...

Really, really like the car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts