UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ever wondered why there is a a massive Fuel Filler Flap and cavity for the Duster?

Well, it's not just part of the chunky design - it has a genuine function.

In Romania many campers have fold-up tents fitted to the roofs of their Dusters, the massive fuel flap is pulled back and the filler becomes the step up to the roof.

Source - UK Dacia Main Dealer :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I split my trousers trying to get my leg up onto the filler opening and then slipped off, 'cos I've got diesel all over my shoe now! :eek: :wacko:

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Think your main dealer is leg pulling.

less body mass equals less metal- quite a saving to be made over a production run
I agree totally on the leg pulling. But I think it has more to do with filler hose angles than saving metal. The total internal surface area of the larger cave, so to speak uses more metal than a shallower one, or even a straight body panel.

It could also be used as extra storage for small things like a bag of weed. It's technically not IN the car so you can deny it's yours. "Someone must have put that there while I was parked for church, officer." If that's not your thing, it's certainly big enough for a small tin of cookies (biscuits) and a sandwich.

I think I'll put a couple of doggie treats in there for when they run the sniffer dogs. They deserve treats too.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
The Logan has a huge fuel filler flap door as the models elsewhere in the world that come from the factory with LPG fitted have the LPG filler next to the conventional fuel filler and both are then neatly hidden behind the large fuel flap.

Same with the Duster? I imagine so...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Despite the flap being big enough to fit to the wing of a 737, I still struggle to think where peeps park their filler cap when at the pump?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Despite the flap being big enough to fit to the wing of a 737, I still struggle to think where peeps park their filler cap when at the pump?
Simples.........

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Grab the roof rail, step up on top of the rear wheel, put your left foot in the filler cavity and step up onto your tent/platform.

No extra long legs required.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...despite suspecting some leg pulling re. using the rear wheel (yes) & fuel filler (doubtful) as steps up to the roof, I am more intrigued by the concept of the Romanian roof tent, as I am honestly trying to source a suitable tent for that purpose.

Sadly, none of my three current tents are suitable...so any advice/guidance would be much appreciated.

Joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts