UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waithing for my daughter to wake up, I was sat with the door open, and out of the corner of my eye I could see that the inside of the back door (the bit that hides behind the drivers door edge) was silver.
Upon closer inspection, that silver turned out to be the bare metal on show behind a very thin coat of white paint.
Another problem with the paintwork to add to the growing list on friday.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
349 Posts
mine is in to be resprayed soon and has been approved.

wing flanges rear of wing can be seen with door open

boot jam at top by roof, just primer.

under seal covering side gutters, just primer all the way along

doesnt appear to be a problem at all but happy they approved it at £693 + vat from camerons vw (nearest renault approved spray shop)

im happy as they have done a paint thickness test and its really thick everywhere else.

also they are happy to do it and im happy it was approved with no issues

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Thanks for that info, hope mine is, there's a couple of what looks like stone chips on the outer edge of both rear doors, this looks the same within the boots top behind the hinges,I'm pretty sure its bare metal on show as where would the grey ish shiny metallic colour come from?
If this was out of warranty I'd be spraying it myself... the way it appears I couldn't have done a much worse job. Where is that other place you mentioned? The side gutters?is it where the rubber is below the roofline?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah thats it. The tops of the doors rest on this seal.
The grey shininess is primer but sprayed over with laquer, if it was bare it will habe rusted almost instantly.

I have since found out nearly all are like this (ones ive seen anyway) however a nice wee skin extra wont go amiss

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again, ill have a look there today if I get chance with this lot, if these doors have been exposed for so long I would have imagined they would have started to rust by now considering the wet weather we've had here.
Makes me wonder if the doors at least are rust protected in some way,think it does say something in the manual about rust treatment in the maintenence of bodywork section.
Hope yours comes back how it should have been when its repaired.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine has paint in that area I've just looked, good job really as I'm guessing the white is usually only a 2stage paint job without a clear coat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts