1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found on eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321404880148
Arrived in: 5 days

It is no where near as good a quality as the official Dacia boot liner. However, it stops water, fits the boot well and does stop things slipping around. For a fraction of the price it was worth it. The material is a far cheaper alternative to the solid rubber you get normally but it will wear well and should last a while!

All in all it'll protect my boot and that's all I wanted! View attachment 4831 View attachment 4832

Notes to remember:
It arrives rolled up. Find somewhere warm and put a weight in each corner. Mine took 3 hours to flatten properly.

I'd advise giving it a good wash first to get rid of the plastic smell. One the issues found with cheaper plastic items. Mine with hot water now is fine but it can be over powering.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
That's the one I have Tombofix, its stood up to 12 months of abuse from a 12.5 stone St Bernard without any damage. Superb buy!!

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
I should hope not :D :D :D :D should last you for years

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for posting this up, was looking through eBay/Amazon looking for a cheaper alternative. Good to know this one will be a good fit.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
For a bespoke boot liner, I can highly recommend Rhino UK's. Just treated myself to a full-length one. It really is made-to-measure and has good high sides. Including the options for rear side door access flaps and a flap in the seat-back upstand for the extra long stuff, mine came to just under £134 inc delivery. It comes with lots of velcro strip if you feel the need to really "pin it" in place. (I might attach some short lengths near the tail-gate idc, but probably nothing more.) The rear bumper protection flap is very generously sized. I reckon I will be able to fold it up small enough to fit into my spare wheel under the boot floor, but haven't tested that yet. It's an extremely well made heavy-duty waterproof liner at, I reckon, a very reasonable price.

If you've modified your boot space, to take an internal spare wheel, don't forget to say - they really are tailored to your vehicle.

For anyone needing a mega-tough high sided liner, Boot Buddy do one made out of polypropylene sheet. (No velcro required at all.) Pricier and needs a bit more storage space, but probably indestructible. (It's what my folding boat is made of so it had better be!). I seriously considered this one, but no side access etc options offered. Maybe they could accommodate that, but I didn't bother to ask as I wasn't of a mind to be a guinea pig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts