UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning getting the rear windows tinted to keep it a bit cooler for my dog.... Anyone else planning this?

·
Registered
170 Posts
me too like my privacy in the back...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mudder... You sure you won't let her in..
Actually my dog currently spends most of her time riding up front with me...(with her seatbelt on)... So I imagine she'll prob do same in duster... First purchase is waterproof seat covers...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tints come as standard in Greece. Pic attached to give an idea.

IMG-20121025-00008_zps19be8c6c.jpg

This pic also shows the Thule removeable tow bar for those interested.

Reactions: Duster

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a feeling that they are very lightly tinted though ... we'll know for sure when we finally get our Dusters (eventually).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Getting mine tinted this week! What % tint is recommended? And will my kids still be able to look out ok and play their eye spy games etc? Never had tints before but want enough to block Sun getting in their eyes. What % did the demo models have? Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The tints on the demo models are the kind that you can't tell they are tinted, if you know what I mean - very light.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry meant the lhd demo models from last year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got a friend to do a photoshop for me last night as im getting the Windows done on Monday while im on holiday in Cornwall!

Now i have the picture im even more excited!

984258_10152478527497925_1132787996_n.jp
Got mine done 1 week ago and they look the job. Very happy with them and adds a nice touch.

A few tips (from my experience!)

1. It is recommended for the windows not to be out down for two weeks to let the film bond to the windows properly. You will initially see some bubbling streaking but these should all clear away within two weeks.

2. If you have any young kids make sure you lock the back windows.

3. As for the driver window controls it may be useful to put some red or blue tape across the back window switches as very easy to push these by accident. Guarantee of your windows are gone if you damage them putting windows down before the two weeks.

4. Make sure you take off any stickers, etc and clean off any marks (especially those left from the stickers!) before film is applied.

5. I was advised to apply some clear nail varnish (!!!) to the top of the windows after the two week period. This was to help further tighten the bond at the top of the windows.

6. Enjoy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was told that the clear nail varnish to is to put a final seal on the edges (supposedly) to stop any future bubbling or peeling off in the years to come.

Will suss out the % tint.

I went to the company and said I wanted the kids protected from the sunlight (the 3 times per year we get it here in Ireland :D ) and they said I'd be best with a "Medium" tint. So that's what I went with.

I'll try get some photos over the weekend.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was told that the clear nail varnish to is to put a final seal on the edges (supposedly) to stop any future bubbling or peeling off in the years to come.

Will suss out the % tint.

I went to the company and said I wanted the kids protected from the sunlight (the 3 times per year we get it here in Ireland :D ) and they said I'd be best with a "Medium" tint. So that's what I went with.

I'll try get some photos over the weekend.
Confirmed that my medium was 20% tint! ;)

Looks nice and dark from the outside in but plenty of visibility from the inside out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Some pics of the tinted windows - sorry my Duster is not spotless but was literally just back from a long drive weekend! :D

DSC02566.JPG DSC02532.JPG DSC02568.JPG DSC02569.JPG DSC02567.JPG DSC02531.JPG

Attachments

1 - 20 of 71 Posts