UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone else get those tiny rust spots in their paintwork? I've got a feeling its something in the air near where we live as they are also embedded in my wife's car, my old car, our houses windowsills (they are PVC!!!!) And now I've noticed a couple appearing on my Logan.
They start off like pin prick marks, then if you leave them they seem to get bigger,but it seems to be something something that sits on top of the surface and digs its way in.
Washing, polishing and buffing wont shift it, the only thing I've found successful so far is blue tac (including on the house windowsills) which removes them without a trace, but also any wax that was on that bit. just wondered if anyone else has ever noticed these, or have any idea what it is.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hi, does anyone else get those tiny rust spots in their paintwork? I've got a feeling its something in the air near where we live as they are also embedded in my wife's car, my old car, our houses windowsills (they are PVC!!!!) And now I've noticed a couple appearing on my Logan.
They start off like pin prick marks, then if you leave them they seem to get bigger,but it seems to be something something that sits on top of the surface and digs its way in.
Washing, polishing and buffing wont shift it, the only thing I've found successful so far is blue tac (including on the house windowsills) which removes them without a trace, but also any wax that was on that bit. just wondered if anyone else has ever noticed these, or have any idea what it is.

Could be quite a few things . Could be tree resins , as in pine or something similar or insect poo . Is there a beehive near by ? Bee poo tends to be yellow though but if the hive is in distress goes brown . Does it only happen in the day or at night ? If you can just get large piece of white paper and put it on the car for a few hours and inspect it . If it is dust based it will brush off if it is poo or resin based it will soak into the paper .

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
today i.....

learned that bees have yellow poo and can suffer from stress :lol: :lol:

Silvery silver is the shiniest !

·
Registered
836 Posts
today i.....

learned that bees have yellow poo and can suffer from stress :lol: :lol:

Silvery silver is the shiniest !
Believe me , when you have 250,000 bees you do not want them in the garden with you washing out . Thats why ours are at the bottom of our field well away from everything . The stress in this case is a disease called Nosema . Something else you have learnt today . :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, I'm not sure what it is, any flat surface seems to end up with them, I don't think there's any cast iron gutters around here.
I'm not sure when they appear, I just end up noticing them when I either wash, or end up stood near the rear door whilst holding a bottle feeding the baby (it takes a while, there's not alot else to look at while she's sat there drinking).
there's never alot, just odd spots, but I imagine if I left them, as they rust down they may either stain the paint, or work its way down to bare metal.
The ones on the windowsills on our house actually looked like small rust bubbles as they had been left for ages.

·
Registered
836 Posts
You live near railway tracks?
Thats close enough , are we thinking of brake dust here . On of my old colleagues use to Vim his old brigade van as the station he was based at was at the bottom of a railway cutting . I am not joking either . Not recommended on a Dacia and on any other car .

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats close enough , are we thinking of brake dust here . On of my old colleagues use to Vim his old brigade van as the station he was based at was at the bottom of a railway cutting . I am not joking either . Not recommended on a Dacia and on any other car .
haha sounds like something my grandad would do, newspaper on the windows is one I remember in particular.
My old primera used to get washed quite often with kwik saves no frills washing up liquid, although paint on cars isn't exactly as it was then.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you have rust problems then take it to your dealer to get it sorted.
its not coming from the car itself, more landing on it, I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this.
I'd ask my neighbors but nearly every car round here is black, or metallic brown (seriously who pays 500 quid to have their car painted brown!) And we're pretty new round here, plus I'm prob not flavour of the month as I go out in the early hours.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
We had a major problem with Saharan dust recently, could it be that?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Clay bar it, wash it, and wax it. Should stop anything sticking to it then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello

reading through this topic and it would appear that the car is exposed to 'fallout' particularly iron particles. I've been looking at various car detailing sites/forums:

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

This is my favourite site as its got both the shop and forum full of usefull info, just be carefull as its really easy to get carried away with all the cleaning/detailing stuff they have.

The video below demonstrates the fallout that has contaminated a white car(quite scary), enjoy ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone, I normally use blue tac but not sure how well the paint on these will take that.
Failing that ill just use a dab of diesel, it shifts everything else. :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Think I've worked out what's causing the spots to be so bad on the car, in the garage the chain that lifts the garage door runs right over the top of the car, I'm gathering its from that as it seems worse towards the middle of the car. I've only just noticed it looks like there's a cover missing from it, I'm pretty sure there was one on there before.
Still can't explain them on the windowsills on the house mind, but if I listen to all the door to door salesmen that come around my windows are out of date and inefficient now... not bad considering they where only fitted in 2011.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts