UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bought a OBD2 BT-dongle and connected to an Android device. (Bluetooth ELM 327 Vgate iCar2 iV350)

Works generally well, but some figures are wrong.

Throttle position is always around 89-90%

Fuel flow calculation is way too lean, 1-2 dl/10km to low.

Otherwise it seems to correspond ok to revs, speed etc.

Anyone who has the same problem? Any solutions?

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I have an app on my phone that connects to the Dongle via bluetooth. "Dash". It also gives incorrect readings, especially MPG which comes out way too high. eg. On a long motorway run (with a break half-way) the Duster MPG display gave 58MPG but Dash said 106 and 97MPG.

Dash asked me to email the log, which gives them the raw figures coming from the Dongle. Their response wasn't particularly helpful, but they said, "Thanks for sending these in. That's definitely a bit strange. The only thing that that seems off with this vehicle is that the engine load seems to report lower than expected (it tops out a bit over 50%, and I'd expect to see it shoot up into at least the 70s at some point.)"

It seems to me that either the Duster OBD is reporting wrong figures, or the Dongle is incorrectly sending them to the phone.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
I have the ScanGauge and it shows the throttle position as a fixed 93.

My only thought on this is that it is a mechanical throttle rather than an electric one.

Maybe? I don't know boss - I'm only the driver!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts